Got an email coyote tune? Step inside

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I am looking for opinions on coyote email tuners only.

Obviously a dyno tune is better, I know. :asshat: But if that isnt an option what email tunes are you '11-'14 5.0 guys running?

Ive heard nothing but bad things about the Bama 5.0 tunes so Im going to stay far......far away.

So if you are running an email tune on your 5.0 lets hear what your thoughts are on it and who its from! :beerdrink:

Thanks gentlemen!

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Eh boy......

Just make sure you datalog it. No matter how good the tuner us it's always good to make sure.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lund
VMP
JPC
the list goes on and on.

The goal for you is to talk to them and see who gives you the warm fuzzy feeling, not all will.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Yes. Data logging and getting revised tunes is key. So customer service is very important

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score

Bah....

I do agree with above. There are many tuners who are more than capable of tuning an na coyote but from my experience some of them act like they can walk on water and we should be kissing the ground they tune from.....you will find out real quick from that list that James mentioned who you will want to deal with after talking to them.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Mike Rousch at Mid Atlantic Performance! I've tried a few others - they all make good power - but only Mike knows how to get the drivability nailed down right, as well. Plus, he's a really nice person who genuinely seems to care about getting your car dialed in right.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad yall had a good experience with Mike, i havent. I truly wish things were different.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
My friend just ditched Bama and went with Lund. Nothing but good stuff and sent good revisions that corrected small things in the datalogs we didn't notice.

You could always go with Mike at MAP, I always hear good things about his auto tunes.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lund has hired more people. They recently sent me an update and the car runs awesome.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm biased since Justin is not only close by, but he's also become a good friend over the last 3 years. VMP is the only company that will ever tune my cars. I do understand that sometimes customers can get lost and fall through the cracks and IMO Justin stretches himself pretty thin, but he still has a ton of knowledge and skill.

If I were unable to use VMP and had to pick a tuner to tune my car remotely then I'd probably go with Mike Rousch at MAP based on the feedback I've seen posted here. Of course I'd use Lito for a 3v.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Shaun at AED, different boards follow different tuners, this board seems to not be too fond of AED, but I recommend you contact him, hell do a search, youll see how good he is. but as said, log it before you beat on it

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Hypermotive Performance

Stock like drivability with good solid power gains. Been happy on my 3v and lots of others happy on the coyote.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Most success that I have heard of is from Lund, JPC, and Mike Rousch. I had a BAMA and after a couple of data logs, and the tune still being wrong, I dropped them and went with a local dyno tune asap.

Any email tune will need multiple datalogs sent back to the tuner before doing any serious stuff runs with the car. Just avoid BAMA. AM is a good company, but the BAMA tunes are just way out of whack. Even the local tuner said the timings were all fucked up on mine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back