Got an email coyote tune? Step inside

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Based the the commentary and posts I've seen there over time, I take little confidence by opinions there.

Glad you're please with what you have in the car.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Based the the commentary and posts I've seen there over time, I take little confidence by opinions there.

Glad you're please with what you have in the car.

Yeah, the whole situation right now sucks. I'm finding out things I wish I knew from the beginning but like I put everywhere else, I hope to find out more info tomorrow hopefully. As of know, the info I'm hearing is 2nd and 3rd person info, "oh I heard from so and so".

I think Mike is a good tuner, he hasn't tuned for Bama in 2 years though. I wasn't trying to beat any records, I was simply trying to provide tuning under the Hypermotive name and offer more services.

This whole situation has been a learning experience. I've been called a liar by a few guys on here regarding what I knew about the tunes, which simply is not true.

But once I find out whats going on, I have no problem letting the truth be known.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think Modded Mustangs is all that bad. There is SOME good tech there.

Now places like Mustang Evolution and allfordmustangs are obviously full of nit wits. As is Mustang Source and The Corral.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole situation right now sucks. I'm finding out things I wish I knew from the beginning but like I put everywhere else, I hope to find out more info tomorrow hopefully. As of know, the info I'm hearing is 2nd and 3rd person info, "oh I heard from so and so".

I think Mike is a good tuner, he hasn't tuned for Bama in 2 years though. I wasn't trying to beat any records, I was simply trying to provide tuning under the Hypermotive name and offer more services.

This whole situation has been a learning experience. I've been called a liar by a few guys on here regarding what I knew about the tunes, which simply is not true.

But once I find out whats going on, I have no problem letting the truth be known.
Jay - my comment was not at all related to you or your business, it was strictly about that site and the content.
I don't think Modded Mustangs is all that bad. There is SOME good tech there.
that maybe, however you have to weed through a pile of nonsense in general......

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Any difference in which tuners you would choose with the coyote if you were turbo vs N/A? Mike@MAP good with turbo cars? Seems like different tuners would be better at tuning for different setups. Wondering who has had the most success on turbo coyote cars, not to thread jack, but it's sort of relevant anyway.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any difference in which tuners you would choose with the coyote if you were turbo vs N/A? Mike@MAP good with turbo cars? Seems like different tuners would be better at tuning for different setups. Wondering who has had the most success on turbo coyote cars, not to thread jack, but it's sort of relevant anyway.

Mike at MAP has been tuning my different turbo setups for years now.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can tell you Mike@MAP is good to use for anything you want to tune. He is the only one I would trust to tune my car and although mine is not a Coyote, Mike has tuned several turbo 5.0's.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Who the hell cares where it is from, it's a large group of people (19 pages worth) who are running those tunes without issue. I run their tune and have no complaints about what has been done regardless of who the tuner actually is or where they are from.

Since obviously this is S197 forum, in your opinion what makes a great tune? Drivability? Power? Fuel Economy (yeah right :p)? A name? Something else?

For me drivability and power where near the top of my priorities but more importantly was a tuner who was willing to work with me to get things how I want it. That was ESPECIALLY true with regards to throttle position vs throttle body opening and tip in. I got that through Hypermotive and didn't think others would be as accommodating.

The pedal position only commands torque via the ecu. It's not a direct link to how much the tb opens. Just an FYI.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Mike at MAP has been tuning my different turbo setups for years now.

Thanks for response everyone!

Jeremy do you know if the on3 kit for the coyote is any better with clearance than the previous 3v kits or do you have a coyote kit?

And to everyone YES I mentioned on3, shoot me lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike for turbos but JPC and Lund have a lot of turbo coyote experience too.

Lund was not tuning any TT set ups last I heard, but that was a while back, as they are selling a TT kit.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, they are selling a TT kit so they have a lot of experience tuning them. No idea if they would tune others.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They has said they would not tune others

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Ran BAMA, Local and MAP tune. Mike@MAP is by far the best. Great power, drives great, no issues, and good customer service.

^this^
I went from a Bama 93R to Mike at MAP with a dyno tune. Link to my experience is in my signature. But the short of it is, I couldn't be happier with the end result, drivability and power delivery is night and day compared to what I was used to from my Bama tune.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for response everyone!

Jeremy do you know if the on3 kit for the coyote is any better with clearance than the previous 3v kits or do you have a coyote kit?

And to everyone YES I mentioned on3, shoot me lol

It is worse, alot worse and also had back pressure issues. We were originaly going to offer an upgraded S&H version of the kit before getting away from on3. Like Earl mentioned ask Greg about it. Now that we have our 3v kits done we will be making coyote and termi kits.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I have a BBR but unlike a few guys I have had zero driveability issues or issues at all. I wouldnt say they are the best tuner but I havent had enough tunes to form an opinion. Like many have said there are so many folks out there tuning and that are good at tuning its hard to say who is best.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
My problem with some of these guys is they act like woman....they get offended, jealous, bitchy etc when you ask questions sometimes....act like they're the smartest guys in the room, etc. For every Seer out there that is trying to be smarter then they really are and steal shit, there are guys like me who just like to ask questions and be informed.

This was my first, and my last phone conversation with a bama tuner.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back