Got an email coyote tune? Step inside

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
XVgxaCh.jpg

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
:idea: ... But that means I can't put on an off-road H or waste money on a CAI or boss intake manifold or e-85 tune or anything pointless while saving up for a twin turbo, how dare you attack me with this logic :omfg:

Last edited:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Oh the drama. It would be pretty hard to sue someone for using a modified sct value file and claiming it's yours. I have a feeling that AED wanted that post put up. Why else would they record a phone call. AED has mentioned in the past that they got a whole lot of help getting a 5.0 base tune sorted out.

I've seen too much aed protection at svt to take anything concerning them seriously. YMMV.
Actually he didn't want it posted. Didn't want any of it to get out at all. Then you have guys thinking they're getting getting an AED tune for 99 dollars, and he's undercut by his own work. Already saw someone post that on SVT. "I'm interested in an AED tune now,.... for 99 dollars." I was talking to him about it quite a while ago, trying to figure out an approach. Last thing he wanted was people thinking they could get his tune for 60% less. Can't say I blame him. As you can see, the Walmart mentality is strong now a days. Guys will run copied parts and tunes if it's cheaper, they don't care.

I do know that recording a conversation, directing the conversation into something that benefits your own vindictiveness, and having it posted by a third party doesn't instill a sense of trust. At least that's how I think.
You think getting proof someone has stolen from you is vindictive?
But again he didn't didn't wanted posted. Idk why he was given the emails and recording, but it wasn't planned to have it posted.

Bruce, theyve been banned from svtp. The reason it came about imo is people constantly saying how good hypermotives tunes are. Some people already knew what was going on.
They were banned for selling parts to members thru Pm's as far as I know.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Dustin,

He wouldn't of recorded it if he didn't want it "leaked" for his own benefit. I'm not saying that any of the business stuff is right because if it's true it's incredibly dishonest and wrong.

I'm not down with making a secret recording instead of just airing the issue in public. Now maybe all of this already happened, I don't follow the drama on other forums, but why not make the accusation in public and to their face? This sneaking around spreading shit but telling everyone to keep it a secret sets off an alarm.

Is tuning a coyote that difficult? Ford did it and sct supplies a copy of the Ford tune. Every tuner is using pilfered Ford tech and tweaking it. I'm not saying that stealing someone's hard work is right because it's obviously not. Maybe this came out somewhere else but how does anyone know he's selling direct copies? Is it all accusation? Is the proof in the secretly recorded phone message?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Shaun that posted the SVTP thread, what's he's deal, why is being the vigilante Avenger?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From what I know Shaun puts markings on his tunes that will tell him without a doubt whose tune it is.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Shaun that posted the SVTP thread, what's he's deal, why is being the vigilante Avenger?

I can see that point as he has posted it on FB, SVTP and I think MM but if he is setting the story straight/warning people about Hypermotive's tunes what is the issue with that? Don't we do that when we have a bad experience with a seller or company on here? We tell other mustang people about it on other forums so they don't have similar experiences.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is tuning a coyote that difficult? Ford did it and sct supplies a copy of the Ford tune. Every tuner is using pilfered Ford tech and tweaking it. I'm not saying that stealing someone's hard work is right because it's obviously not.

You worked on the FPS-77, that gives you a built in advantage Bruce! :) Seriously, it has been shown over and over on here that many guys who claim to be a tuner who couldn't carry one in a bucket. Taking someone elses work and selling at a big discount is just bogus.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can see that point as he has posted it on FB, SVTP and I think MM but if he is setting the story straight/warning people about Hypermotive's tunes what is the issue with that? Don't we do that when we have a bad experience with a seller or company on here? We tell other mustang people about it on other forums so they don't have similar experiences.

Still, motivation? Who had a bad experience?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

It just seems so fishy that what's coming out is something Shaun went out of his way to tell people he knew and ask them to keep it a secret. (That's what I'm getting from the discussion, please correct me if that isn't the case.)

Was he waiting for someone to go public? I'm all about letting it all hang out and letting the chips fall where they may. What I don't get is why wouldn't he of done this himself? It just doesn't make sense to me but then again I don't think like most others.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm going to ask Hypermotive to come in and add, confirm, or deny any of this stuff. I'd do the same for Shaun but afaik he isn't a member here.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Dustin,

He wouldn't of recorded it if he didn't want it "leaked" for his own benefit. I'm not saying that any of the business stuff is right because if it's true it's incredibly dishonest and wrong.
Again, he didn't want it leaked. Recorded it in case the day came he did need to go public. He'd have proof. If he just wanted it leaked, I don't think they would have worked out pricing and such. He would have just posted it up.

I'm not down with making a secret recording instead of just airing the issue in public. Now maybe all of this already happened, I don't follow the drama on other forums, but why not make the accusation in public and to their face? This sneaking around spreading shit but telling everyone to keep it a secret sets off an alarm.
So don't record and air it out? What leg would he have to stand on? Would be a bunch of he said, she said. But to the same point again, why air it out and make it public knowledge you can buy a tune that is 99% an AED tune for 99 dollars? Would you shoot yourself in the foot like that?

Is tuning a coyote that difficult? Ford did it and sct supplies a copy of the Ford tune. Every tuner is using pilfered Ford tech and tweaking it. I'm not saying that stealing someone's hard work is right because it's obviously not. Maybe this came out somewhere else but how does anyone know he's selling direct copies? Is it all accusation? Is the proof in the secretly recorded phone message?
Yes, the guy that stole his work flat out admitted to it. He was given files to help him out with the understanding they were not to be used for email tuning.
Yes, tuning a coyote is a pain. Lot's of tables and multipliers. Combined with limited access, and poorly labeled or defined strategies. So even if you know a problem and how to fix it, you may not be able to fix it, or even Datalog what you need. So when guys do figure it out, I don't blame then for being secretive. They're all pilfered from ford to start, and have said that myself. But regardless, guys put in hours after yours figuring it out. It's bullshit work gets stolen from anyone. They should be beaten with a hose

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bruce you should know all tunes are not equal. If you did this for a living and were trying to help out a friend would you be pissed if said friend was selling your work as their own? AED was helping him out and the files were supposed to help him dyno tune cars, not make a profit off of email tunes.

garner

forum member
Reaction score
I used more power tuning(MPT) on mine. Never data logged it, but it made the car funner to drive along with removing the cel from off road h pipe which were my only goals out of the tune.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Anyway I'll leave it alone unless someone quotes me. I think my thoughts have been stated. BTW Greg already knows how I feel about what happened with him, they lost a very good representative.

Same here, what really gives me a terrible taste in my mouth about this whole situation is that Mike is still tuning there while Greg was fired, I think that is fucked up.

It just seems so fishy that what's coming out is something Shaun went out of his way to tell people he knew and ask them to keep it a secret. (That's what I'm getting from the discussion, please correct me if that isn't the case.)

Was he waiting for someone to go public? I'm all about letting it all hang out and letting the chips fall where they may. What I don't get is why wouldn't he of done this himself? It just doesn't make sense to me but then again I don't think like most others.

To be honest, I can't help but think of the same thing. It seems to me that Shaun (AED) told Shaun (White GT/CS car) to spread the word so that he doesn't seem the bad guy at all in this situation since he said multiple time that he just wants the situation to go away and be swept under the rug. The worst part about the whole taping the conversations is that everyone now knows about Mike's troubles and situations which is something you could tell Mike was hesitant and reluctant to tell Shaun and even then he never went into detail about it.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Again, he didn't want it leaked. Recorded it in case the day came he did need to go public. He'd have proof. If he just wanted it leaked, I don't think they would have worked out pricing and such. He would have just posted it up.

So don't record and air it out? What leg would he have to stand on? Would be a bunch of he said, she said. But to the same point again, why air it out and make it public knowledge you can buy a tune that is 99% an AED tune for 99 dollars? Would you shoot yourself in the foot like that?

Yes, the guy that stole his work flat out admitted to it. He was given files to help him out with the understanding they were not to be used for email tuning.
Yes, tuning a coyote is a pain. Lot's of tables and multipliers. Combined with limited access, and poorly labeled or defined strategies. So even if you know a problem and how to fix it, you may not be able to fix it, or even Datalog what you need. So when guys do figure it out, I don't blame then for being secretive. They're all pilfered from ford to start, and have said that myself. But regardless, guys put in hours after yours figuring it out. It's bullshit work gets stolen from anyone. They should be beaten with a hose

I'm not condoning anything. The whole thing just seems really odd. I'd be all over someone with direct accusations and in a case like this with a business involved there wouldn't be any "don't say anything". I'd tell everyone who would listen with the hope they would back me up.

Let the customers who want a cheap tune get the cheap service they deserve. A tune is one of the last places to cheap out on your car. Let it all hang out and I'd think the tuning community would make sure the thief was dealt with and cut off from any further support. SCT can revoke a dongle and license. I'd hope that direct stealing would be sufficient cause.

Yes, I quoted you on the part that all tunes are really pilfered from Ford, thought it would get an lol when you thought about it.

Since I'm not either of the parties all I can do is tell you how it strikes me odd that the victim isn't making the public accusations.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, the guy that stole his work flat out admitted to it. He was given files to help him out with the understanding they were not to be used for email tuning. It's bullshit work gets stolen from anyone. They should be beaten with a hose

In what world is this compatible with that? Double standard?

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
In what world is this compatible with that? Double standard?

I've had similar thoughts lately. No one has been more vocal about HP tuners being the devil than Shaun, and he supposedly even has asked SCT to up their security, he really doesn't want to anyone to see his files. But there was that deal, and obviously more recently decrypting the Hypermotive file. Security for him, but for no one else? Hypocrite!

I also think he should be a man and handle his own business, instead of leaking statements and files through 3rd parties. Sorry, I'm not buying the story that he gave recorded calls out to people but didn't want anyone to know.

All that said, I think the phone calls were quite clear, Shaun is the one in the right. Yes, even I said that.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Bruce for letting me know about this.

I'm going to talk to Shaun over at AED about the situation today. The entire situation I swear is about to give me an aneurism.

I don't want to say too much anymore until I talk to Shaun but I will say this. Most of the guys throwing stones haven't even talked to me or asked what my knowledge of the situation is.

I'm not trying to deflect or play the "victim", I'm the one responsible for what falls under Hypermotive. Me stating I didn't know doesn't mean I'm not responsible. I'm trying to handle it however, I've been pretty disappointed in the community as a whole. Everyone went behind my back, not a single person approached me and said "this is about to happen", I was completely side swiped about the whole situation. I've been trying to get a hold of Shaun and only until yesterday did he respond.

So with that, I knew about the CJ manifold config being used on another customer but that was the extent of it. I know about the price change, I'm going to talk to Shawn on when exactly they talked about raising the pricing. I was talking to Mike about raising it a good month before this happened, initially the price was not changed because (We were afraid Shaun was going to tell people Mike took his CJ file). From what I understand (the tape basically says the same thing) the issue was over after the conversation.

For the non-compete, I was personally told that he only had a 1 year legal non compete which has come and gone.

My side hasn't changed from day one, I haven't do everything possible to make Hypermotive successful to chance it by stealing tunes. I'm not gong to argue with parties this issue has nothing to do with or with those that clearly didn't care for me before this happened however, its obvious those are taking advantage of the situation.

Mike has been adamant that he only used the CJ manifold base file and honestly, how can I not believe him? No one else has approached me.

Sorry about all of this, I will do everything I can to make it right even if that means Mike no longer does our email tuning. Like I said, I'll talk to Shaun today to see what really happened.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back