S550 4 Pistons on S197 Car

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Ed, I'm coming home from my work contract this week I think, if you get the parts in before you leave I can do the test fit for you or take it to Rick's.
I'm so excited for the potential of these.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Just an FYI, base model GTs come with 18" wheels. I don't doubt most 19" wheels would clear them.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
So everything is coming up to the dealership I'm at in Soviet Canuckistan from the Detroit warehouse. Will probably see it early next week and we can go from there.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Ed, might want to cancel your order for rotors. They are WAAAAY different. I'll post pics later.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Already on the way, so it will just have to go in to our return bin (only ordered one side for everything). I know the way that the venting is done is quite different than the S197.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Already on the way, so it will just have to go in to our return bin (only ordered one side for everything). I know the way that the venting is done is quite different than the S197.

The offset on the rotor is majorly different. I'll be surprised if it even fits the S197 hub without smacking all kinds of stuff.

What are you guys testing pad wise? Do the S197 brembo pads fit or are you using the S550 pads?

I have S550 pads in the caliper, but I'll try a set of S197 pads. I don't think they'll work though, the S550 pads are really different.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
The offset on the rotor is majorly different. I'll be surprised if it even fits the S197 hub without smacking all kinds of stuff.

I have S550 pads in the caliper, but I'll try a set of S197 pads. I don't think they'll work though, the S550 pads are really different.

Ok cool. Thanks

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Ed, might want to cancel your order for rotors. They are WAAAAY different. I'll post pics later.

You wouldn't mind posting pics for comparison and possible measurements would you? I'm most curious about the "hat height" between the two.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back