2010+ sideskirts on a 2005 Pix inside.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
interesting that it fits with so little modification

If you have a dremel it's a breeze but not necessary any cutting tool will do.

what needed to be modified on the side skirts to get them to fit? im about to replace mine and i would love a different look...

could you do a write up?

Not much to write about really, I will mention that the 2010+ skirts do protrude a bit outwards or inward which ever way you want to look at it towards the front fender area. There's this particular section that need to be cut off in order for the skirt line up to the body of the car. Other than that they just snap on with ease.

Looks good......on a side note.....someone on another forum asked if the 2013 front end conversion would bolt up to a 05-09. I say no,what do y'all think since the new skirts fit on the 05-09?

No. I mean, no different than what's needed to run the '10-12 stuff on an '05-09. The fenders don't line up. I'm sure it'll all bolt up for the most part, but none of it lines up.

Like 19cobra93 mentioned, the body panels don't line up. The fenders lines on the 2010 wont match the doors panel lines of the 05.

However I do suspect that the hood might possibly work on the 05+ but haven't come across anybody willing to be the Ginny pig for the retrofit.
The whole interior should swap out including the cluster (2010 only I think) you'll needs a 2010 e brake to make it work minus the door panel which won't work.

Personally the only things I like about the 2010's in the hips and hood's power dome other than that, I'm pretty pleased with my car.

Last edited:

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great op I really like the combo of the 2010 side skirts&mirrors.
I'm doing the 2010 mirrors on mine and since I have a urethane unfinished chin spoiler.
I was looking at swapping to some unpainted v6 side skirts but after seeing this I'm down for the 2010+swap.

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
Count me in for the 2010+ side skirt swap as well. I'm going to paint body color though and keep my current agent47 mirrors.

Thanks for posting...looks great

Last edited:

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
What springs do you have your stance is nasty!! Very tastefully done.... I was wanting to do the mirror swap and side skirt as well.... This really helped me KNOW I want to do it now.... Do you think a boss chin could be made to fit our year?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wvsqr1

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Count me in for the 2010+ side skirt swap as well. I'm going to paint body color though and keep my current agent47 mirrors.

Thanks for posting...looks great

Might want to look into the 2013 skirts they are body colored but from what I can tell they are different than the 2005+ and 2010-12's.

What springs do you have your stance is nasty!! Very tastefully done.... I was wanting to do the mirror swap and side skirt as well.... This really helped me KNOW I want to do it now.... Do you think a boss chin could be made to fit our year?

I'm on coil-overs not springs. Thank you for the compliment. I don't think the full chin of the boss will work, but I'm certain I can get the splitter to work somehow.
I may have to just punch a few holes on the CDC chin spoiler that I have on my car now. I was also looking at the RTR Splitter as-well or might just end up making my own if anything.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
update

I know this is an thread but Instead of starting a new one, I figured I'll just update this one from time to time with my exterior mods as a log.

I originally wanted to add a Boss splitter and make it work some how but couldn't find a deal, however I did find a CDC splitter on ebay for a decent price and took the plunge.

My thoughts on the splitter: I think it's a bit over priced to buy at retail IMO

Here is what the splitter and chin looks like.

P1030091.jpg

P1030093.jpg

Here is the splitter with Chin installed on the car.
Yes she's dirty and missing a stud. : )

P1030118.jpg

P1030119.jpg

P1030120.jpg

P1030125.jpg

Next up:

Side Splitters , GT500 rear bumper and blacked out rear side markers.
Maybe possibly a shaker hood scoop but not sure yet.
(still on the fence)

Last edited:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
your's is one of my favorite 05-09 GTs I've seen. When I was looking for a newer mustang I constantly looked at yours for for insparation...wanted mine to look simular (but not identical) :thumb:

Beautiful car, man.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
your's is one of my favorite 05-09 GTs I've seen. When I was looking for a newer mustang I constantly looked at yours for for insparation...wanted mine to look simular (but not identical) :thumb:

Beautiful car, man.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. :thumb:

Is that the V6 trunk spoiler as well?

Yup,The same one that is on the V6 and GT500 KR :)

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Looks sweet man, I wanna do those, the Roush side splitters. Eventually I'll swap for a 500 front as well. I have a CS rear now that'll work.

07silvergtss

forum member
Reaction score
very nice man, love the stance. I wouldn't do much more to it. It sits perfect. Am rocking the same wing After i seen it in the KR I really diged it, To me it sorta gives it that wingless look cause of the low profile but a the same time it looks somewhat looks a gt500 wing but smaller IDK.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Looks sweet man, I wanna do those, the Roush side splitters. Eventually I'll swap for a 500 front as well. I have a CS rear now that'll work.
1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

That thing is a Steeda (or Kaenen) cowl hood away from perfect! The Tiger racing vent hood would be kick ass too!

Cowl hoods are pretty cool but in a different direction in which I'm taking the car in. The TR hood could possibly be an option.
Some time ago a tried to get a hood from Multimatic or some sort of schematic but no dice, If I could buy any hood today it would be that one.
after-dominating-tra-1_800x0w.jpg

i love that splitter. looks great. love black s197s

Thanks!! :thumb:

very nice man, love the stance. I wouldn't do much more to it. It sits perfect. Am rocking the same wing After i seen it in the KR I really diged it, To me it sorta gives it that wingless look cause of the low profile but a the same time it looks somewhat looks a gt500 wing but smaller IDK.

Thanks, I really like this spoiler, the visibility is great when looking through the rear view mirror plus I read it provided more functional down force at upper speeds but not sure how truth there is to that.

------------

Hopefully it will stop raining today and if it doesn't, I'm going to VHT the rear side makers and put the powered by ford Badges on.
They've been sitting for months now and long over due.

DSC06796.jpg

Last edited:

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
side splitters

Sorry for the lack of updates but been busy trying to buy another house, this really has take up most of my time.
Not much of an update but did get new side splitters,
Not sure how I feel about it.
Let me know what you guys think.

P1030695_zps6ca9b60d.jpg

P1030698_zpsa83af177.jpg

P1030681_zps96fdb398.jpg

P1030667_zpsf2a68fb9.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back