2010+ sideskirts on a 2005 Pix inside.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hey WOT, you may have already mentioned it and if you did I apologize for asking again.

How much did it cost you to have the sideskirts painted?
I've considered doing the same with the skirts/side splitters on my car.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks very clean. One of my favorite on the site.. great job man.
I think they look great. Kind of ties the chin in nicely

Looks great man, I need to replace mine..

Thanks guys! :clap:

It's polished. These hoods are all aluminum from Ford. So, I spent a bunch of time with one and polished it up. I did it originally 3 years ago, but it looked like shit, so last year I wetsanded the whole thing again and repolished it. It turned out killer, but not perfect, so in a couple months I'm going to do it again. I've learned a lot about aluminum and polishing, so each time it just gets better. Unfortunately it's not very durable, and it scratches and oxidizes very easily. So there's a lot of upkeep with it. Bird shit really does a number on it as well. So far all the sealants or protectants I've tried have left it cloudy or hazy. So it's just raw.

Car looks great, besides the mothers polishing compound what did you use to get the shine?
I have some kooks that I'm trying to polish. I used the mothers stuff but after an hour I gave up. Any tips would help, thanks.

Hey WOT, you may have already mentioned it and if you did I apologize for asking again.

How much did it cost you to have the sideskirts painted?
I've considered doing the same with the skirts/side splitters on my car.

My skirts are factory colored matte. I do clean them pretty well durring a wash with a soft scrub and rinse them down afterwards. Might want to PM ERAT, he's the one who's primed and painted his skirts.

Last edited:

erat

forum member
Reaction score
I'd guess $350. Mine was buried somewhere in my bill but not itemized.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
So are 2010+ rocker panels wider?

Like it was mentioned just a different shape. The front portion of the skirt needs to be trim down to fit, this is due to the different shape of the front fender.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
For kicks, I brought out my caliper tool and measured both and they are both the same height. The 05 skirts are a bit more round Vs the 2010's which are a bit more angular.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back