2010+ sideskirts on a 2005 Pix inside.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
The car looks great man!:thumb2: Your ride is what made me decide to go with the +24 wheels I have now. I love the aggressive stance!

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates but been busy trying to buy another house, this really has take up most of my time.
Not much of an update but did get new side splitters,
Not sure how I feel about it.
Let me know what you guys think.

P1030667_zpsf2a68fb9.jpg

Looks great. Did you put the ones on out back as well?

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
No not yet. I have a GT500 bumper that needs to be prepped and painted, once the bumper is on then the rear splitters will be added.
Thanks!

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I've passed up buying the 2010 style sides a few times just because of my concern about how it matches up at the front wheel well. I know you mentioned it comes out a bit. Wish I could see yours close up to get an idea, although I'm actually thinking I might go with the Roush sides since I have a Roush bumper to put on.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
This is old but, my body guy cut a piece of plastic and bonded it to the little gap between the rocker and the fender, sanded it, primed it and painted it. didnt seem like that much work if you plan on painting them anyway.

IMG_2573.jpg

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I've passed up buying the 2010 style sides a few times just because of my concern about how it matches up at the front wheel well. I know you mentioned it comes out a bit. Wish I could see yours close up to get an idea, although I'm actually thinking I might go with the Roush sides since I have a Roush bumper to put on.

With some slight trimming of the new panels, they actually line up very closely. Since I've done mine I haven't noticed it at all. It's no worse than how the factory panels line up on the rest of the car.

07blackGT

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates but been busy trying to buy another house, this really has take up most of my time.
Not much of an update but did get new side splitters,
Not sure how I feel about it.
Let me know what you guys think.

P1030695_zps6ca9b60d.jpg

P1030681_zps96fdb398.jpg
P1030698_zpsa83af177.jpg

P1030667_zpsf2a68fb9.jpg

such a great looking car!:thumb2:

WOT

forum member
Reaction score

The gap isn't really noticeable at-least for me it isn't, having a black car helps too. People actually don't notice it unless I point it out.

I believe you have to modify the side splitter to fit 05-09 side skirts.
With the 2010 side skirts there's no modifications required.

This is old but, my body guy cut a piece of plastic and bonded it to the little gap between the rocker and the fender, sanded it, primed it and painted it. didnt seem like that much work if you plan on painting them anyway.

I think that a great alternative for someone who is concern with the fitment.

With some slight trimming of the new panels, they actually line up very closely. Since I've done mine I haven't noticed it at all. It's no worse than how the factory panels line up on the rest of the car.

I think i can get them to fit better just need to find the time.
Do you have any of your car with the skirts?

such a great looking car!:thumb2:

Thank you :)

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Looks great I like it, it's got some nice unique touches to it.
Did you chrome out you hood?

It's polished. These hoods are all aluminum from Ford. So, I spent a bunch of time with one and polished it up. I did it originally 3 years ago, but it looked like shit, so last year I wetsanded the whole thing again and repolished it. It turned out killer, but not perfect, so in a couple months I'm going to do it again. I've learned a lot about aluminum and polishing, so each time it just gets better. Unfortunately it's not very durable, and it scratches and oxidizes very easily. So there's a lot of upkeep with it. Bird shit really does a number on it as well. So far all the sealants or protectants I've tried have left it cloudy or hazy. So it's just raw.

7bb977c9.jpg

4ad0504b.jpg

a2f66c45.jpg

815a22b2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back