5.0 died and will not start

schuhanks5.0

あなたのライサー!
Reaction score
someone mentioned in a previous thread about cost. if ford offerd the end user the option to purchase the vehicle without a warranty i would have been all over it. say 10k off the purchase of a 30k car? now that would be wonderful.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I kind of feel that if you void your warranty, Ford should refund you part of the cost of your vehicle, since the cost of a warranty is built into the price...

I've always wondered what pricing on a new vehicle would be if you were to opt out of a warranty coverage. That's obviously not an option, but if it were, it would be something I would consider because my new car would be modified within days of its purchase.

Edit: No way it would be worth anywhere near $10k. I'll bet $3k tops. Just like the aftermarket warranties.

As for a refund, no way. It's like carrying insurance for a year, then cancelling it and asking for all your money back since you didn't use it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered what pricing on a new vehicle would be if you were to opt out of a warranty coverage. That's obviously not an option, but if it were, it would be something I would consider because my new car would be modified within days of its purchase.

Edit: No way it would be worth anywhere near $10k. I'll bet $3k tops. Just like the aftermarket warranties.

As for a refund, no way. It's like carrying insurance for a year, then cancelling it and asking for all your money back since you didn't use it.

Yeah, but if Ford is the one who revokes it, they should pay you a prorated amount for the balance you didn't use.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yeah, but if Ford is the one who revokes it, they should pay you a prorated amount for the balance you didn't use.

LOL. As much as I think that would be nice, there's no way it would ever happen. Ford would revoke it because you modified it. Ultimately it was your decision. Just like insurance. If your insurance company drops you because you got so many tickets, they're certainly not going to send you a check in the mail.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
LOL. As much as I think that would be nice, there's no way it would ever happen. Ford would revoke it because you modified it. Ultimately it was your decision. Just like insurance. If your insurance company drops you because you got so many tickets, they're certainly not going to send you a check in the mail.

If you pay for your insurance up front when you purchase the policy( in full) as you do with the warranty and the insurance company dropped you for any reason before that policy period was up, they would have to pro-rate and issue a refund for the remaining policy period.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
If you pay for your insurance up front when you purchase the policy( in full) as you do with the warranty and the insurance company dropped you for any reason before that policy period was up, they would have to pro-rate and issue a refund for the remaining policy period.

Okay, fair enough. Regardless though, Ford will never reimburse for unused warranty.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
If you buy an extended warranty Ford will reimburse that, but factory warranty has no value. You will never find any value given to it. I know you say it is worth something to you, but that is not the way business looks at, it is a cost of doing business, that must be keep to a certain %. Plus only the engine is void you still would have warranty on the rest of the car

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Ford must be shipping the OP's car "Back to the Future" to have it checked out.

I don't think we will here the outcome of this one. They are probably wishing they hadn't posted up the problems with the car in the first place. If the guy lucks out and gets his car fixed under warranty he surley won't post up those results for fear of pissing off Ford.

trolls56

Reaction score
As amazing as the new 5.0 is this makes me not want one. Ford is dropping the ball on this one big time. How come tuning hasn't been an issue in the past? There has to be something more that they are covering up.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't think they're covering anything up. The issue has probably more been people showing up with cars that have been modified, then destroyed in someway, only to be returned to stock in order to claim a warranty repair.

Pete_Rockett

Reaction score
Agree with Rasmus. The 5.0 is a completely different animal than the very forgiving 4.6. Some of us made big assumptions based on our experience with the 4.6 and we should have been more cautious.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I'm lost.. I spent a long time reading and I still dont know:

1) if there is a recorded incident with a stock 5.0?

2) Did all the other failures have the knock turned off and did someone confirm this was the issue?

3) how many Mexicans can fit in the 5.0

DCS

Reaction score
OP hey it's Albert the other broken car guy. Since we last spoke I took the car to Al Packer up north, got a guy there that knows his shit. Nothing can be done. Maroone Ford of Miami made it a point to FUCK me as bad as they possibly can. Me and my car are "black flagged" in the system. Now my tuner just talked to his Ford Racing guy and he say that it's gotten so bad that if a car goes into service for ANYTHING, and the car has an intake on it they will connect the scan tool and check mode 9. If the flash counter is different they WILL VOID THE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY!!!

You've posted a number of things that didn't stand up to close examination and the test of time, like your car wasn't tuned, stuff like that...why should I believe you now?

trolls56

Reaction score
I hope ford is watching these boards and realizes that voiding warranties without real cause is going to be loosing alot of potential customers. If the tune is the cause then fine but they need to actually prove it.

FWP!

Reaction score
sub'ing.. I'm starting to wonder if the OP was telling the truth about the no oil on the dipstick thing or if that's a way for him to blame the problem on something else (instead of the tune).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back