5.0 died and will not start

DetTigers

Reaction score
3. I have no fucking clue how my thread about a friend's car dying while she was driving it turned into 10 pages of BS opinions on what Ford will or will not cover under warranty. Which to me is irrelevant since I nor anyone involved with the car has screamed warranty, warranty, warranty, Ford wah wah wah. You cry babies wonder why a tech forum done away with the killz section. You drama queens can't handle it.
BJ

If your friend had kept the thread updated with what's happening with her car there would be a lot less rumor and speculation. No offense to you or her but everyone is worried about their own engines and are hanging on the edge of their seat to see what was wrong with her car. Maybe there's not a definitive answer but surely there has been some progress at this point.

Synister500

Reaction score
If your friend had kept the thread updated with what's happening with her car there would be a lot less rumor and speculation. No offense to you or her but everyone is worried about their own engines and are hanging on the edge of their seat to see what was wrong with her car. Maybe there's not a definitive answer but surely there has been some progress at this point.

According to dealership they are only allowing 1 individual to look at any 5.0's at this time. When we know I will share it with you. He nor I understand the hold up at this point. But they are paying for the rental so he is not up their yin yang about it yet. As stated in a previous post as of last Friday the car had not been touched. I have not heard from him today. I promise I'll share with everyone the problem when I hear something. I've gotten some good help and guidance from other's misfortune here on S197. I plan to return the favor.

And seriously dude you have been on S197 for 2 weeks and made 2 post; both in this thread. If your car or car purchase is hinged on this topic buy another car or don't mod it period as has been previously suggested.

BJ

Last edited:

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
This is crazy. You mean to tell me they put you up in a rental and let you ride around for a couple of weeks, while they wait to even examine the car. This doesnt pass the sniff test with the dealership. Im thinking they are crossing the t's and waiting to drop the hammer on the owner. Doesnt make sense any other way.

Synister500

Reaction score
Any news?

Yes. But I'm not saying anything just yet at the request of the owner. As fishy as it may sound everyone will understand when I do explain. I will say it is something not heard of yet on the 5.0. Be sure to check your oil from the day you drive it off the lot; it probably a qt or more low.

This is crazy. You mean to tell me they put you up in a rental and let you ride around for a couple of weeks, while they wait to even examine the car. This doesnt pass the sniff test with the dealership. Im thinking they are crossing the t's and waiting to drop the hammer on the owner. Doesnt make sense any other way.

I don't know if it as much of the dealer as possibly the engineer.

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
Yes. But I'm not saying anything just yet at the request of the owner. As fishy as it may sound everyone will understand when I do explain. I will say it is something not heard of yet on the 5.0. Be sure to check your oil from the day you drive it off the lot; it probably a qt or more low.

Good work broseph, keep us posted.

Swoope

Reaction score
I will say it is something not heard of yet on the 5.0. Be sure to check your oil from the day you drive it off the lot; it probably a qt or more low.

ahhhhhh,

this is the third one i have heard of, and one blew on pdi.. :)

beers

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score

Mine was a quart low off the lot. I am curious to see what you have to say.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've also heard horror stories of dealers only putting 5 quarts in after an oil change because "that's what most cars take."

That's it; I'm doing all my own oil changes now.

KJGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've also heard horror stories of dealers only putting 5 quarts in after an oil change because "that's what most cars take."

That's it; I'm doing all my own oil changes now.

There is only one way to know what oil you are getting and how much, pour it in yourself ;)

DarkTrak

Small kine pimpin'
Reaction score
I just had my 7500 mile service at the dealer on Tuesday. and paid extra for synthetic. When I got back to the parking lot after paying, I checked the oil and it was 1.5qts low. I had to go back and get the service writer and explain it to him. He argued that it was not supposed to be at the hash marks on the dipstick, just below them......"WTF?!!?!? GO GET THE TECH THAT WORKED ON MY CAR RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR I AM WALKING STRAIGHT TO THE MANAGERS OFFICE!!"

Needless to say, I left the lot with full oil.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I've seen far too many problems from the lube techs to ever take my car to a dealer (even my own place of business).

I do all my own oil changes. Sometimes I'll have one of my mechanics do it, but he knows all the finer details of my car and doesn't have to guess how much oil it takes.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
WTF?????^^^^^LUBE TECHS AT A FORD DEALERSHIP ARE NOT PROPERLY TRAINED BY FORD??????? LOL.. Do they get them from the temp service down the street?? Or Jiffy Lube?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Lube techs are the bottom of the barrel. I trust them to change the oil in my Focus all day long because they do 10 of them per day. New 5.0's or anything not as common, I wouldn't let them touch it without specific direct instruction.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Lube techs are the bottom of the barrel. I trust them to change the oil in my Focus all day long because they do 10 of them per day. New 5.0's or anything not as common, I wouldn't let them touch it without specific direct instruction.

In my opinion this is where dealers and Ford are failing big time. You buy your new car from a Ford dealer and both the dealer and FMC want you to return to the dealer for your scheduled maint yet they are not competent enough to change the oil and filter. We have heard of several folks with the new 5.0's going in and only getting six quarts of oil instead of the required eight quarts. Don't the techs check the oil after they fill the crankcase? This is just crazy that you can't trust a Ford dealer to change the oil in your new car. Huge fail IMHO.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In my opinion this is where dealers and Ford are failing big time. You buy your new car from a Ford dealer and both the dealer and FMC want you to return to the dealer for your scheduled maint yet they are not competent enough to change the oil and filter. We have heard of several folks with the new 5.0's going in and only getting six quarts of oil instead of the required eight quarts. Don't the techs check the oil after they fill the crankcase? This is just crazy that you can't trust a Ford dealer to change the oil in your new car. Huge fail IMHO.
Just keep this in mine.
The guys doing those oil changes are NOT Senior Line Techs.
They are Paid an Hourly Wage and it is not a lot.
They come and go Frequently.
How do I know this, because I worked at Dealers for 15 Years.

icon4.gif
So, {BEWARE} is what I would share with any of you.
You better pull that dip stick out and {Double-Check} that oil level !!!

tigerhonaker

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just keep this in mine.
The guys doing those oil changes are NOT Senior Line Techs.
They are Paid an Hourly Wage and it is not a lot.
They come and go Frequently.
How do I know this, because I worked at Dealers for 15 Years.

icon4.gif
So, {BEWARE} is what I would share with any of you.
You better pull that dip stick out {Double-Check} that oil level !!!

tigerhonaker

Or do it yourself. I've got access to a lift; oil changes take me half an hour, tops, and that's because I'm slow and meticulous about it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or do it yourself. I've got access to a lift; oil changes take me half an hour, tops, and that's because I'm slow and meticulous about it.
Or in my case I go back to the last dealer I was working at an get one of my Buddies still there to do the Service.
(A Senior Tech)

But when you just drive in the Service Lane as a customer you Do-Not have that opportunity.
And you think since you are at an Authorized Dealer they are having your New or Used vehicle Serviced by Techs that are Qualified.
Not always the case .......

tigerhonaker

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back