5.0 ? Whats so special about these mustangs,every one is going back to stock.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is reminding of a conversation I had with the dudes I worked with about how the 5.0's went fuel injected in '86. It was said they would never make the power a carbed 5.0 did... Umm, wrong much? Then in '96 when Ford went modular. That OHC engine will never make the power the push rod engines make. Well? Wrong again.

Yes, the new 5.0's are new and fun. Just like a brand new pair of fake tits. What happens though? Yeah, aging happens. The tech is out there to make a 4.6 3V as fast as the 5.0 yote engines. I mean 400+HP stock is really nice. I always thought that was a fair number for a daily driven street car. For me, that's all I'd want out of my outdated 4.6, why more? Don't get me wrong though, if the chance arises to where I could get into a 5.0, trust me I would.

We all know hot rodding has been the longest lasting dick throwing competition ever. And it will be going on way after many of our mustang get turned into metal cubes, taking the last ride on an 18 wheeler to the melting pot. Not everyone has the wallet to get the latest and greatest when it drops. Not everyone can update their old to catch up to the new on the spot. It's always been run what you brung and I doubt it will ever change. Those with the old, don't be said when you get ran by something new. Be proud, yours paved the way. Those with the new, be proud you got the new goods. Don't rub it in the face though, cuz it will come around.

Last edited:

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Darren has totally sold us 3v's out. Remind me not to go to war with you. Whichever tank looks cleaner parked, you join their side, :fight:

Last edited:

Hotshot

forum member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't mind at all getting behind the wheel of a new 2013 with that 5.0 in it but my 07 is far too deep of a money pit to ever turn back now haha. I added up the mods once, like 10k ago and i died a little inside, never again....

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
I don't recall 3V GT's being 14 second cars stock. I recall them being mid-high 13's stock, unless there is a retard driving the car.

My 07 GT auto ran 14s stock. I think I took it to the track twice stock, best of like 14.09 or something like that, IIRC never ran it in decent weather tho.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Deep 13s stock requires good DA and a good driver. Multiple people have done it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think people are confusing what the car DOES with an average driver and what it CAN DO with a good driver.

I'd always like to see the capability of the actual car in good hands.
Just because I went to the track and saw two zo6's run 13's doesn't mean all zo6's run 13's.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Which is why I try to clarify my statements when discussing things like this.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Ohhh, 40hp added from DA really?
Are you saying my stock car had 340hp instead of 300?
Or are you subtracting from bad DA, meaning people with bad enough DA are running 260hp?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
If my car ran 13's in the 1/4 stock much less AT ALL id sell it!!!! Minivans can do that!!!!

:roflmao::stir:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
This fuckin guy.

Then why did you ever own a mustang before the 2011?

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
If your car ever ran a 1/4 mile people would shit bricks.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't mind at all getting behind the wheel of a new 2013 with that 5.0 in it but my 07 is far too deep of a money pit to ever turn back now haha. I added up the mods once, like 10k ago and i died a little inside, never again....

this..... both for being a time and money pit lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back