A Few Photos

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still suck at photography, but here are some shots I took today, with some help from Photoshop...

Last edited by a moderator:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice photos. gotta love black. it is, after all, the best color haha

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep. :clap:

I was hoping that maybe a horse or two would be out today, but no such luck.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you did a great job with the camera too.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
great setting!

I dont' think a polarizerers are the "be all - end all" for shooting cars, but they have their place at times. I would suggest learning the basics, and learning to shoot with out filters. It's easy to get caught up in "I need another filter to fix this image" when the lack of a filter isn't the problem in the first place :) I'm saddened by photography stores always pushing folks to buy filters, when most of the customers don't even know how to use the camera yet, much less take good pictures :-(

Back to the images though, I like the fence with the car, (there are a few things I'm a sucker for in photos, one is trains/tracks and another is white fences!) I would suggest doing more with the white fence if it's near by to you!

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job but I gotta have more cowbell.

j/k, they look nice. 2 words - "Circular Polarizer"

Thanks. :)

I did use a circular polarizer! The sky wasn't all that blue, though...kind of overcast.

By the way, at first I was like, hmm, why does this circular polarizer spin? Then I put 1 and 1 together and got 2...it's circular! I realized it produces a different effect if it's spun...I tried it at the end of the shoot, but the pictures turned out like crap - way too dark. Which means I don't think I took enough into account the sun.

great setting!

I dont' think a polarizerers are the "be all - end all" for shooting cars, but they have their place at times. I would suggest learning the basics, and learning to shoot with out filters. It's easy to get caught up in "I need another filter to fix this image" when the lack of a filter isn't the problem in the first place :) I'm saddened by photography stores always pushing folks to buy filters, when most of the customers don't even know how to use the camera yet, much less take good pictures :-(

Back to the images though, I like the fence with the car, (there are a few things I'm a sucker for in photos, one is trains/tracks and another is white fences!) I would suggest doing more with the white fence if it's near by to you!
Thank you. Like I said before, the shots I took left some to be desired...not making excuses, but the sky wasn't as clear and blue as I would have liked it and I should've used the sun differently...too many shadows.

I passed some train tracks on my quest to search for the ideal spot, but unfortunately they were right on a fairly active road. I need to do some more searching.

Any other suggestions/comments?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mentioned the CP because of the wash out in the sky. Bingo - was the white balance set to auto?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Play around with it and keep note of what works and what doesn't. That's the great thing about digital - the delete key is only one RTV-stained keystroke away.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish my LCD screen was better...as I'm taking the pictures, I don't know what's working and what isn't, so many times I take 30-some pictures, and upload 'em to find that maybe 5 turned out nice.

Also, do you think there is there a better time of day to take photos? Seems like noon-ish isn't the best since the sun is beating down directly on the car.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I mentioned the CP because of the wash out in the sky.
when exposing for a black (or dark) car, it's common to blow out the sky to pure white, depending on the time of day and angle you are shooting towards the sky. Sometimes it just takes two exposures to get all the information, a polarizer will help in some cases, but it will also play with the reflections on the car (which could look better, or worse) :)

Back