Aftermarket coil packs for boost

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with aftermarket coils on boosted coyotes? Do they add anything at all and has anyone on here actual added aftermarket coils to their car? thanks in advance guys

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hasn't been discussed on the Coyote motors but Ford has had the coil pack deal down pat for 10 years or more. Only time I hear about coil pack issues is from somebody using aftermarket coils. They usually wise up and go back to stock, and that pretty much always fixes whatever issue they had.

Spend your money elsewhere on something more useful. Like bubble bath or scented air for the tires.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hasn't been discussed on the Coyote motors but Ford has had the coil pack deal down pat for 10 years or more. Only time I hear about coil pack issues is from somebody using aftermarket coils. They usually wise up and go back to stock, and that pretty much always fixes whatever issue they had.

Spend your money elsewhere on something more useful. Like bubble bath or scented air for the tires.

x2 on stock COP's 4.6 3V or 5.0 Coyote.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
I bought them for my 4.6 3v because I thought I was having issues with spark. Turns out it was the PCM. Scented air for the tires! Your killing me over here!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back