Aftermarket??

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there a lot of new name companies in the game with the S550 chassis? Is it because of ecoboost or because it is a hit overseas?

What say you?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I agree with Ryan. And like weather man said, I also think that it has something to do with the fact that it is now a global car.

So are there some new foreign aftermarket companies in the S550 game? I haven't been keeping up with the S550 aftermarket, since I'm still rocking the S197.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there a lot of new name companies in the game with the S550 chassis? Is it because of ecoboost or because it is a hit overseas?

What say you?

The S550 market is very strange when compared to the rest of the Mustang world. It was ATTACKED really hard by the aftermarket. That may sound like a good thing, but in reality it's not. There is a metric fuck ton of crap product available for it and another metric fuck ton of near fraudulent claims/marketing/advertising. Combine this with the fact that the S550 brought a lot of non Mustang guys in the fold and you have a ton of people that don't know what they're doing buying crap products.

I literally can't hang out on the 6G board because I get too frustrated/mad reading the never ending bullshit from vendors over there. It's one lie after another.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
out of nowhere, all the turbo 4 cylinder guys think they know mustangs because theyve been tooning srt-4's for the past 10 years

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
out of nowhere, all the turbo 4 cylinder guys think they know mustangs because theyve been tooning srt-4's for the past 10 years

They are better at it then the GT tuners....lots of tuners learned the hard way you cant tune the EBM like a GT.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are better at it then the GT tuners....lots of tuners learned the hard way you cant tune the EBM like a GT.

That little turbo, DI fuel and how the head flows, or doesn't, demands respect.

I think the learning curve was steeper than the coyote, and look how many #8's got popped when that came out.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That little turbo, DI fuel and how the head flows, or doesn't, demands respect.

I think the learning curve was steeper than the coyote, and look how many #8's got popped when that came out.

Not to mention the fuel pump setup...

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score

Exactly what I was going to point out. How many tooners turned down the knock sensor when they went from the 3v? Big bada boom.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to point out. How many tooners turned down the knock sensor when they went from the 3v? Big bada boom.

There are guys bringing busted cars into the shop I use were the tuner relied on the 3V knock protection to protect the car. Danny just laughs and fixes the fuckups.

There are a lot of things that go into the tune....Lund has been on point with it, tuned Lethals, Beef's and UPR's.

To just buy a remote tune, Livernois seems pretty tough to beat. They basically throw their dick up on the counter every time they say they haven't blown a customers car. Nobody has chopped it off yet.

If I ever decide to get "serious" I would stick with DB Performance. Ironically, it would probably be Shane, not Danny tuning it.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No comment on LNS.....

Who is DB Performance?

Shop that has done all the work on my car in Rogers, MN. I actually found them before I bought my 08. I knew the hardware was only part of building a good car.

Danny is the shop owner and handles mustang tuning. Shane is the import side of the house with tuning. They actually collaborate quite a bit.

Danny experimented with remote tuning, but hated it. They are also so busy that he didn't have time for it anyway.

A fair amount of there business is fixing up Mustangs that other shops have fucked up.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do they use Cobb or SCT?

Everything, LOL. I use SCT on my 08. Seriously, they can use anything, but I am sure they have preferences.

Here is list of some of the stuff they have worked with.

034 Motorsports
AEM EMS (AEM Certified)
AEM FIC
AEM Infinity
Alcohol injection systems
Apexi Power FC
Apexi S-AFC / V-AFC / Neo
Autronic
BigStuff 3
BRE
Cobb Tuning Accessport ProTuner
Cobb Tuning Accessport RaceTuner
Crome Pro / Gold
Chrome ECU 3000GT
Custom DSM Chips
  • Datalogit
  • Diablosport CMR Ford
  • DSMLink V1 / V2 / V3
  • DTAfast
  • Dynojet CMD
  • Ecu882c
  • ecuEdit
  • EcuFlash
  • Ecutek Evo 7-9
  • Electromotive TEC3
  • Eurodyne Maestro
  • F.A.S.T.
  • Greddy E-Manage Blue / Ultimate
  • Haltech
  • HKS Super AFR
  • HKS VPC

• Holley EFI
  • Hondata FlashPro
  • Hondata KPro
  • Hondata S100 / S200 / S300
  • HP Tuners
  • Hydra Nemesis
  • Link Engine Management
  • MAP-ECU
  • Megasquirt
  • Microtech
  • Moates Ostrich
  • MoTeC
  • Neptune RTP
  • Nistune
  • Nitrous Systems
  • Open ECU 2G DSM Reflash

• Open ECU 3G Eclipse Reflash
  • Open ECU Evo EcuFlash 8/9/10
  • Open ECU Subaru Reflash
  • Romraider / Enginuity
  • SCT Flash
  • SDS EMS
  • Split Second FTC
  • Tactrix OpenPort
  • Tephra Evo 8/9/10
  • TunerPro RT
  • TurboEdit
  • Uberdata
  • UpRev Osiris Tuner
  • UTEC
  • ViPEC
  • Zdyne

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cobb seems the way to go on the EBM with the exception of the ngauge; the X4 does not have the features of the others and SCT is going to be left behind if they don't get with it.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back