Amazon used parts?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple items that are listed as "used" and the description states "like new, in original packaging, packaging will be damaged". Both are items where the appearance isn't a concern to me at all.
Anyone have experience buying used stuff on Amazon?

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
So far i haven't had any issues with used items. They're usually in better shape than i thought they would be.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Who is the seller? Amazon or a third party? If it is Amazon don't expect them to know anything about the item but they are good about standing behind it.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It says filled by Amazon warehouse. I may take a gamble as my trip to the dragstrip resulted in some carnage. I want to get it up and running within the week and cash is a bit tight.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Most likely either a returned item or something that got torn open in the warehouse. What is it exactly?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
It says filled by Amazon warehouse. I may take a gamble as my trip to the dragstrip resulted in some carnage. I want to get it up and running within the week and cash is a bit tight.

Fulfilled by Amazon doesn't mean they sell it or that it falls under their return policy. Look who the seller is and find our their return policy.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is Amazon warehouse deals and they have Amazon's standard return policy, which I've heard is quite good. No warranty but on a non moving part, I'm not worried.
It is a rear end girdle that I'm looking at. I figure I'll check it with my machinists level and if it is not flat, back in the box it will go.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Most likely either a returned item or something that got torn open in the warehouse. What is it exactly?

This. I've always had good luck with them. Kinda like buying "Open Box" at a retailer. Most of what I have seen was damaged boxes. Did see where a guy got a intake and it had a damaged box and one of the vacuum barbs was broken off. Amazon have him no prob with the return though.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Sometimes a box gets damaged or opened, or even returned unused, but opened. Usually that kind of stuff happens on ebay item more than amazon. I did order one thing from amazon (non-auto item) and it came damaged due to the box, and they paid to ship it back and get a refund. Great customer support and satisfaction.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a "Used" Yukon Gear Grizzly Locker from Amazon. I got it for $507 so it was only a few bucks more than a trutrac. I also ended up going with a proform girdle.
This is what my spider gears look like:
IMAG0856.jpg
IMAG0859.jpg
IMAG0861.jpg

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a so called used borla s type axleback. Item was brand new never installed. Got it for almost half price, a great score.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So how do you locate these deals? I tried searching last night for girdle covers and couldn't find anything like what the OP was talking about. Could use a deal on some Borlas as well.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think that cover will clear the panhard bar. But thanks for the helpful hint.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy that particular one either since it would have taken an extra day to arrive. The one I bought should clear, if not, I'll make it fit with a grinder

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
People can also sell on Amazon now, just like you can on ebay. So it could be a private seller. However Amazons return policy is very good no matter who the seller is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back