AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Completely unrelated: Is there an anonymous tip line for odometer fraud? If so, do they offer rewards?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Completely unrelated: Is there an anonymous tip line for odometer fraud? If so, do they offer rewards?
What reward? Nothing like doing the right thing. It is 1-800-3839526, call now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Check with a Ford dealer I think they can change it for you to your original mileage

They can't, but I found a place that can. Alternatively, I believe I can let the DMV know that the odo isn't accurate.

It's the same line you call for people impersonating doctors, Dr. Cass.

What reward? Nothing like doing the right thing. It is 1-800-3839526, call now.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Hola, la migra? Mi amigo Manuel no tiene una tarjeta verde. Él está loco y peligroso!

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
I'm not a doctor, but I do play one in a dark alley.

Dark, stinky alleys.

Or buy the cheap IDS tool on Amazon and reset it yourself.

I don't think you can adjust cluster mileage with IDS. Our local Ford dealership is pretty good, and they explained to me that clusters are ordered, the mileage is set, and then they're shipped to the dealership. I've also seen others talk about that as well.

I am interested in having an IDS tool though, got a link?

Towelie

forum member
Reaction score
My V98 won't let me touch mileage. Only read it. As far as I know you have to send it in to get it changed. Dealers can't even do it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know several people that have done it and even used it to program the keys. I dont know how though. lol

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Idk if I skipped over it or not but where did you get your engine harness or was it salvaged from the f150? Im having a heck of a time running down a harness for my coyote and dont want to buy new if at all possible. I sure dont want to buy a control pack either. Im trying to swap into a fox and just need the harness that makes the motor start and talk to the ecu and such.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The harness came with the engine. It's not like a 3V though. There are no MAF or O2 plugs on it, so you'll have to make your own. I bought O2 sensor pigtails off Amazon and used those. I also reused my 3V MAF plug. You can get an FRPP engine harness for like $250, so they're not too bad if you end up having to buy new.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
So yall stripped the whole harness down and added those in I take it?

This is going to be quite the undertaking from the looks of it. I am not a fan of wiring at all. I helped a buddy do his LS swap on a 240sx and we went the route of building a harness from scratch and tied into the GM ECU plug. That was one of the most terrible experiences of my life lol

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
So yall stripped the whole harness down and added those in I take it?

This is going to be quite the undertaking from the looks of it. I am not a fan of wiring at all. I helped a buddy do his LS swap on a 240sx and we went the route of building a harness from scratch and tied into the GM ECU plug. That was one of the most terrible experiences of my life lol

There is nothing to strip on the engine harness to add those. It's not like a 3V where thats all built into the harness. The O2 harnesses are a part of the trans harness on the Coyote, which I believe is run into the body harness. Same for the MAF sensor, it runs through the body harness.

We just pulled the 3V MAF wiring out of the harness and pinned it to the Coyote PCM, made our own O2 harness and pinned it to the PCM, same for the pedal.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
O God... Idk if itll be that easy since I dont have an existing harness with those things in it already. I might be better off buying a control pack and engine harness which is not what I want to do at all. Ill have to see if I can do some digging. I know there are people that have done it with stock pcm and such so ill just have to find a way to dig deeper into this.

TheBlackPearl

forum member
Reaction score
There is nothing to strip on the engine harness to add those. It's not like a 3V where thats all built into the harness. The O2 harnesses are a part of the trans harness on the Coyote, which I believe is run into the body harness. Same for the MAF sensor, it runs through the body harness.

We just pulled the 3V MAF wiring out of the harness and pinned it to the Coyote PCM, made our own O2 harness and pinned it to the PCM, same for the pedal.
Where do you guys find the pinning information for this?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Thats what ive been trying to find to see if I wanted to attempt doing my own harness or not.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Picked up some GT500 ABs from a local guy today. Should be able to get them on the car this evening, assuming we can get the 3V OTAs out and the 5.0 in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back