any ideas

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
its better to cut them out and replace with straight pipes

if you are worried about inspection just put them back. if you want to spend a few extra bucks get some joints with that so the swap is easy.

I have tried gutting cats before. it is very hard and unless you get all of it out you are just making turbulence in the pipe.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
the ironic part about visual inspection is you need to get all under the car to see the stock cats anyways. are the cops in your area serious enough to dirty up thier uniform wiggling on the ground?

also you could just get some shields and weld them up to the straight pipe.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Long screw driver/metal thing and a hammer, you'll know what to do once you start pounding it. Sometimes they start unwrapping and you can grab a piece and unravel it (metallic cats only), going to be a bit of work though.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I grew up in jersey so I know how the cops can be. I also doubt they would get under a car and dirty thier uniform unless you REALLY pissed them off somehow.

either way, gutting cats is a PIA and makes turbulence unless you take the time to really do the whole thing. Then you ruined something you could resell. straight pipe and weld up cat shield.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I started doing the gut process on my 2010 and after 15-20 mins of pounding gave up, walked inside, looked for and off road pipe and bought it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How did you secure it in place to get good whacks at it with the crowbar? I tried holding it with one hand and hitting it with the other which did not work; laid it on the ground and held it in place with my foot but the angle stopped any real progress...?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Did my friends Aston Martin last fall. Two guys, some steel bar and a hammer. Took about 10min. It's still slow.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
take a metabo blade cut them in half gut weld back together

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Theres a place that sells fake cats. It looks like converters but the inside is a straight pipe. I think Mikey posted them awhile back.

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Like others i just knocked them out. Put 1 side of the mid pipe against the wall & pushed a portion of the pipe w/ my foot to pin it against the wall, took a crow bar and 3 lb hammer and beat the shit out of the cats then took long needle nose pliers and grabbed, twisted then pulled the metal out. Was a pain in the ass but worked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back