anyone doing a beachbody program? P90X, Turbofire, etc.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You think too much and from a biased point of view.

Wait, what...

KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Because I've heard all the "you need a trainer" horseshit time and time again. I've redone my own body three times over without a damn trainer. They're nothing but high priced cheerleaders at best. I did my own research and designed my own eating plans along with my workout plans.

Trainers are for lazy dumbasses who shouldn't be working out in the first place.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Because I've heard all the "you need a trainer" horseshit time and time again. I've redone my own body three times over without a damn trainer. They're nothing but high priced cheerleaders at best. I did my own research and designed my own eating plans along with my workout plans.

Trainers are for lazy dumbasses who shouldn't be working out in the first place.

That would be like me agreeing with someone that they dont need a new tune for their turbo.

You have had formal coaching/training on movement, nutrition, etc. thru to adulthood in college level athletics... Most have not.

Thus, YOU dont need a trainer.

Just like if Jim Sr. installs a turbo, he dosent need to go to a tuner, b/c he can tune the damn thing himself.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You ever look into the P90X deal, Chad? Plenty of instruction on stretching, movement, and range of motion details. Results speak for themselves. It isn't some fly-by-night cardio bullshit deal.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You ever look into the P90X deal, Chad? Plenty of instruction on stretching, movement, and range of motion details. Results speak for themselves. It isn't some fly-by-night cardio bullshit deal.

Agreed...but, how often, with no fault of their own...someone 'thinks' they are keeping their knees behind their ankels, not engaging their shoulder when they are to be isolating lats and/or traps...

Its not anyone's fault, it is ignorance... you cant know you are doing it right if you dont KNOW what is right, or arent noticing b/c you are doing a training routine that is all about pre-exhaustion. Which, very commonly leads the most dicipline athlete to execute a movement in such a way that thier form is compromised.

Isoloation of the right muscles during a movement... sometimes needs a poke to that group... even if you know, a good partner/trainer/spotter will verbally or physically remind you.

My BIGGEST complaint with all this crap... what is your damn head positon doing watching TV?? C'mon... this IS a no brainer! LOL!

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
alright.... have your own opinion if you want.

but anyways.....

back to what this thread was intended to be for. anyone out there that is a fan or is currently doing a beachbody workout?

no need to start an argument. just wanted to create a thread where people can share some feedback on these programs.

:highfive:

Melvin's Fly

forum member
Reaction score
I started P90X back today - HOLY SHIT!!! I couldn't finish the Ab Ripper X b/c I had to puke. And to think, I had planned to run afterwards. I like to do the P90 program a couple times a year for a change of pace.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I got through about three-four weeks of P90X and got sick, but had lot about 10 lbs and was looking a lot better, i.e. more muscle, less fat, etc. Started back last week and have lost 5 lbs. IT WORKS. Follow the diet, and follow the instructions. Push yourself without pushing so far that you can't work out the next day.

Also, if you have doe P90X, you know there is PLENTY of cardio in the program (hello PlyoX!!!). Plus, the more muscle you build the more calories you burn and the better you look!!!

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I plan on starting p90x next week. I was in pretty good shape, muscle build wise before I was diagnosed with cancer, but once I began treatment, the drugs they give you take a toll on your muscle tone and now i look like a 6'1 210 lb wet dog

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked into the P90X and some of the other do-it-at-home workouts, but I have tryed to do many programs on my own in the past and I lack the commitment to stick with them.

What I ended up doing was hearing these ads on the radio for "Extreme Body Shaping" classes that was a 10 week program.

Here is the link...http://extremebodyshaping.com/locations_main.php?lid=23

I signed up last January and have never looked back. Its fun, it works, it low impact, and they keep me accountable to make sure I keep coming.

My advice is to find that one program that not only will make you feel and look great, but also a program that you will stick with for more than a couple months. Why get in shape only to slip back to not exercising?

Its not just exercise and a "diet' I tell everyone, its a lifestyle change me and my wife have adopted to make us live a longer and a more healthier life (hopefully)...

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
please do NOT follow the dietary schedule on p90x, it did nothing for me when i did p90. i needed way more food and protein than what they suggested. i didn't finish the program either, hamstring injury during a football game, but as soon as im recovered, i'm getting back into it. i drink a protein shake before and after workout with p90, and really eat whatever i want, as long as i watch the calorie intake.

i do agree, if people would do their own research, learn how to do each exercise carefully to avoid injury, trainers are not needed.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
please do NOT follow the dietary schedule on p90x, it did nothing for me when i did p90. i needed way more food and protein than what they suggested. i didn't finish the program either, hamstring injury during a football game, but as soon as im recovered, i'm getting back into it. i drink a protein shake before and after workout with p90, and really eat whatever i want, as long as i watch the calorie intake.

i do agree, if people would do their own research, learn how to do each exercise carefully to avoid injury, trainers are not needed.

I disagree 110%.I weigh 230ish which puts me at level III which is 3000+ calories/day. NINE servings of protein/day is plenty from my experience.

What level are you?

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
I completed the P90X earlier this year and I just started it again. I am already lean(6' 1", 180lbs.) so I didn't have the drastic weight loss that some of you guys did, but I could tell a difference in my stamina and strength. It is a good program but not something I want to do year round. I prefer weights and running.

My BIGGEST complaint with all this crap... what is your damn head positon doing watching TV?? C'mon... this IS a no brainer! LOL!

Not really. Once you do the exercises a few times you do not have to watch the T.V. because you will have it memorized.(I speak from experience) Heck, sometimes I don't even use the dvd's just do the exercises.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I completed the P90X earlier this year and I just started it again. I am already lean(6' 1", 180lbs.) so I didn't have the drastic weight loss that some of you guys did, but I could tell a difference in my stamina and strength. It is a good program but not something I want to do year round. I prefer weights and running.

Not really. Once you do the exercises a few times you do not have to watch the T.V. because you will have it memorized.(I speak from experience) Heck, sometimes I don't even use the dvd's just do the exercises.

ToMatO...

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I found some of the p90x videos very hard on the knees and ankles. Just do cardio and weight training now.

LiLKIM

forum member
Reaction score
still enjoying turbofire!

feeling the burn babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol.

Cone Sweeper

Track Whore
Reaction score
I've done a lot of the stuff on Crossfit.com. but again much like these, that first week of eatting differently and the workouts.. i felt like i was gonna die. But all in all, a lot of fun and a blast.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back