Atco Raceway Track Rental Sign-up Thread! Monday Oct. 24th

3VNightmare

forum member
Reaction score
you guys made it home ok? Nice meeting you guys as well

Yea we made it home ok, but my transmission is screwed lol. Thanks again for offering to help me out. All in all it was a good day but hopefully next time I get some better times.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Yea we made it home ok, but my transmission is screwed lol. Thanks again for offering to help me out. All in all it was a good day but hopefully next time I get some better times.

now we can open a new discussion on what clutch to buy... :) and watching Ron build a motor for the 8's :) it's in the blood..

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
now we can open a new discussion on what clutch to buy... :) and watching Ron build a motor for the 8's :) it's in the blood..

you may very well see a part out thread before you see a motor build thread lol

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
^^lol. I think it goes without saying, this event was a success. Definately should be done annually, if not once in the spring and once in the fall.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Definately should be done annually, if not once in the spring and once in the fall.

Twice a year is even better.

Speaking of Clutches, i made it home with no issues, still smelled... Once i got around the house i gave it a lil push and i could feel some slipage, its not toast but its on its way out... 416 whp, Street/Track weekend worrior, what do you guys recomend? May as well do a fly wheel and a slave whiile im at it right?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I hear good things about mcleod clutches, but a bit expensive.
Hear mixed reviews on the spec stage 3+
Yea flywheel and slave for sure.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it home ok. I tried to keep it at a decent speed on the way home in case I saw you pull over. Glad we finally met in person though!

Speaking of Clutches, i made it home with no issues, still smelled... Once i got around the house i gave it a lil push and i could feel some slipage, its not toast but its on its way out... 416 whp, Street/Track weekend worrior, what do you guys recomend? May as well do a fly wheel and a slave whiile im at it right?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

Oh and don't feel bad, I don't think anyone could have done a burnout with your car lol. I bet you will be able to pull a nice one with a new clutch! :clap:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moses - how many miles on it?

I've never read a bad review on the Spec 3+ (2+ tons of bad), I had one on the 06GT and worked great

new slave for sure, the OEM FW can be resurfaced and used depending on how it looks, however since you AutoX the car, you should consider a alum FW for the lighter weight and faster revs.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Moses - how many miles on it?

19k miles, got the car with 5k and turned up the boot from 4lbs to 8 promptly and i dont baby it. The trans was never right, 2 weeks into having the car i put on an MGW, blew the Synchros in 2 hours, i think it was a TSB trans, they even gave me a hard time about the shifter but the manager was willing to turn his head on it as long as i put the stock shifter back in.

I noticed when i bought the car that whenever you put it in 1st at a light you can hear a thud, dealer said he couldnt hear it of coarse. Im not sure thats is clutch related but my 07 GT had a way smoother shifting trans but the Saleen has 120 whp more. Theres guy smaking big power on a 3650, maybe mine was made on a Monday.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, I would replace the slave then at 19K, I gotta laugh that they were giving you a hard time on a shifter for a tranny issue.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
spec stage 3+ and a spec aluminum flywheel. lasted me 500+ quarter mile passes and burnouts, till i upgraded to the tr6060 and needed a new one due to the input shaft being 26 spline. I then put that same 3+ clutch and flywheel in Peter (thumprrr) car and it lasted another 2 years.

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
The thing is Moses does more road coarse racing and the spec stg3+ has a heavy pressure plate along with a metallic disc.... I think he would be better off looking into a organic disc with a lighter pressure plate.. Exedy now makes clutches that would offer this... I had nothing but probelms with my stg 3+....

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I agree with NjsGT...if it was mainly drag I'd say go with the 3+ but for easier control I'd go with something else. I can't give a good recommendation on any other clutches since I've only had the stock, Centerforce dual friction(which sucked donkey balls) and now the spec 3+.

I'd also suggest putting Royal Purple synchromax in your 3650. It greatly smoothed out my trans and my 3650 now has over 125k miles on it and I'm not gentle with it at all(at the track at least).

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I havnt relay researched the cluth/flywheel thing so im not sure what to consider, one if you guys mentioned changing the input shaft on the trans, is that a big job? worth doing or with the stock shaft be ok? I plan on put in DUal pumps and turning up the boost a bit but i have a stock bottom end so it wont be much more that 450 whp give or take for a while.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the upgrade is nice, but probably not needed unless you go beyond 500whp and will drop a hard hitting clutch at high RPM imo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back