Bigger, Stronger, and a Lift!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off, I need to make a Home Depot run today to get stuff so I can hook up the washer/dryer. That's on the critical list. Oh, and a bazillion boxes to unpack and put away. Then there is a garage that needs lights, cabinets, a lift... yada, yada, yada. There is also some furniture and other things we need to go buy (including a pool table :clap:).

Hell, there is still stuff at the old house we need to go get... not to mention getting it cleaned, carpets done, touch up paint, etc. :argh:

Crap... I'm getting a headache just thinking about this. hahaha

This could all be much worse, I could have to do all that crap, that would be much worse!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I wish it had of been you... LOL. The washer and dryer ended up being a PITA. I had to get a different 220V wiring pigtail (4-wire instead of 3-wire), and hook it up. It was like bending rebar getting into the tight spot I had to work with. And this dryer has a water line running to it... first time I have ever seen that. It has a steam cycle function, so it needs water. I had to Tee off the washer to get that. And the worst part... the frikkin dryer vent. I had to squeeze my fatass behind the thing and try to get that flexible line to stay clamped on without falling off when I pushed it back to the wall. But, they are working and not leaking. So all ends well.

Now I'm having a beer (or two). Then I'm going to see if I can find the surround sound speaker wire I hid behind the drywall a few months ago. Donna is probably going flip when she sees me punching holes in the walls of our brand new house. Wish me luck. hahah

don_w

Reaction score
We spent most of the weekend back over at the rental house finishing packing and moving the stuff that wasn't ready to go when the movers were here on Wednesday. I also spent a few hours going around the house doing paint touchups. It's amazing how many little scuff marks, smudges, hand prints, etc. end up on walls over a two year period. We're going to have a cleaning service come in and then we'll have the carpet cleaned. The plan is to turn the keys back over to the landlord this week.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be over tomorrow morning to start cleaning the house, Don..................in my itty-bitty French Maid outfit. Still have it from Halloween a couple years ago. What time is good for you?

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I'll be over tomorrow morning to start cleaning the house, Don..................in my itty-bitty French Maid outfit. Still have it from Halloween a couple years ago. What time is good for you?

While your at it my house could use some cleaning too, and you can come dress like a Bay Watch girl (woman). :boobies:

don_w

Reaction score
I'll plead the 5th amendment and not answer this question.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeez Laura with that mental image you'll be getting cleaning offers from all over the country. :beer:

Earl
I still haven't gotten any......

While your at it my house could use some cleaning too, and you can come dress like a Bay Watch girl (woman). :boobies:
You mean "Babe watch"....or as my Dad and I would put it, "Boob Watch".

I'll plead the 5th amendment and not answer this question.
Well poo.........

don_w

Reaction score
I know... I have been slacking on the pics, so here is a bunch from the past week or so to get caught up.

September 22, 2009: The day before the move.

Chaotic scenes of packing.
P1170534.JPG

P1170535.JPG

No, we didn’t plan on wearing the same shirts… but we decided to pretend they were uniforms.
P1170552.JPG

September 23, 2009: Moving Day

How to Stuff a Truck 101.
P1170660.JPG

P1170662.JPG

P1170663.JPG

P1170664.JPG

The first truck is full.
P1170709.JPG

P1170711.JPG

Late in the afternoon, the trucks arrived at the new house. The first thing to do was to protect the woodwork.
P1170714.JPG

P1170722.JPG

Family Room.
P1170731.JPG

P1170733.JPG

Master Bedroom.
P1170734.JPG

Kitchen.
P1170732.JPG

Laundry Room.
P1170735.JPG

Night shot of lights in waterfall.
P1170744.JPG

September 27, 2009: Final items at the rental house

I hate painting.
P1170929.JPG

fullsayl

WTFC?
Reaction score
Don,

CONGRATULATIONS! The house looks absolutely fantastic!!! We never did make it down there for our summer California trip, somehow the wifey got knocked up...NO idea how the hell that happened LOL :headscratch:. But none the less, looks great man!

ENJOY!

~Matty

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Don,

CONGRATULATIONS! The house looks absolutely fantastic!!! We never did make it down there for our summer California trip, somehow the wifey got knocked up...NO idea how the hell that happened LOL :headscratch:. But none the less, looks great man!

ENJOY!

~Matty

Not to thread jack, cause the house is looking great in the unpacking mode Don, but fullsayl, I suggest you find out how... lol.

bscottie

forum member
Reaction score
Don, looks like just one thing left to say....

wlecome home!

congrats, I remember when I built my house the great feeling to spend that first night there, feels like a giant elephant was lifted off my back, even with all the little details to complete,

Hope you and Donna are getting to feel at home.

don_w

Reaction score
Don,

ENJOY!

~Matty

Don, looks like just one thing left to say....

wlecome home!

congrats, I remember when I built my house the great feeling to spend that first night there, feels like a giant elephant was lifted off my back, even with all the little details to complete,

Hope you and Donna are getting to feel at home.
Thanks guys!

don_w

Reaction score
September 30, 2009

Work in the backyard resumed this week. The drainage system was modified and completed, and the soil was prepped for the concrete pour, which is happening tomorrow morning! I hope the concrete color we selected turns out nice.

Soil compaction.
P1180342.JPG

Rebar and drains being completed.
P1180343.JPG

P1180344.JPG

P1180347.JPG

P1180348.JPG

P1180350.JPG

At the last minute, we decided we wanted another water feature.
P1180354.JPG

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking real good. I am getting really hungry for shrimp and steaks....and beer.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Looking real good. I am getting really hungry for shrimp and steaks....and beer.

You better start taking a collection for the BBQ then, cause it won't be happening. It cost me around $75 last time I made the shrimp.

Okay starting a collection for the Shrimp and steaks for the BBQ

1. Paul

:LMAO: :lol:

Back