Black mustang owners

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
At the minimum your going to need a polisher like a Porter Cable 7424. The video I shot of my car was after approximately 20 or 30 hours were spent on the finish over the winter. Not boasting...but to get your car to shine like a black diamond with no swirls, haze or spider webbing showing in the bright sun or under florescent lighting this is my process:

*Dawn to strip the finish
*Clay bar
*Porter Cable with 3M Finesse It II and a medium cutting pad to remove swirls and scratches concentrating on a 2x2 foot area at a time.
*Porter Cable with Menzerna 4500 and polishing pad to remove hazing from the Finesse IT II. The Menzerna is what you should "jewel" with. Again, concentrate on 2x2 foot sections. This is your final correction step before a wax or sealant so take your time and get the shine to perfection. Use a high quality halogen or LED light to check your work. The Menzerna 4500 is the key to the black diamond look.
*Porter Cable with Chemical Guys "Black" sealant.
*The final touch is to spray down with Chemical Guys V07 spray sealant.

To keep scratches and swirls from coming back, invest in a foam cannon and a high powered blower like a Metro Blaster if this car is your daily driver.

This winter I will do the full detail again. But instead of 3M Finesse It II I'm going to try Chemical Guys V36.

28ONE

Reaction score
If you want your ride to shine, be prepared to spend some coin on materials to do it yourself. IMO its a better option longterm instead of paying someone to do it, unless you're pressed for time.

I've used CG Blackllight for sealing, CG Black for waxing then CG V7 for maintenance. My last go around I used Jetseal109 for sealing with CG Black. The Blacklight/Black/V7 seemed to have a deeper glossier shine. I may try Optiseal next. I thought the mod bug got me but detailng took it to another level lol!

I agree with Timmbo, start with the PC you can't go wrong...

lizz.blackstang05

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will buy all that my next paycheck and try it, I know its gonna take awhile and I plan on it so hopefully it will turn out like one of yalls

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back