137f8f3a.jpg

4bfeac6e.jpg

Damn....your diff seems to be missing...:dead2:

Traction is a bitch sometimes...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Upgrade!! The biggest benefit, IMO, of the 9" is the pinion support system. One at the yoke, one at the tail, pinion and ring connect between them. There's a reason so many people with big power run the 9". I can't see the pics at work, but I can imagine they are not pretty.

I hear the 9" is lighter too.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Upgrade!! The biggest benefit, IMO, of the 9" is the pinion support system. One at the yoke, one at the tail, pinion and ring connect between them. There's a reason so many people with big power run the 9". I can't see the pics at work, but I can imagine they are not pretty.

I hear the 9" is lighter too.

Depends on brand and if your running a LSD or a Spool. Usually the spooled nines are close to, if not light than, a built 8.8.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can see the pictures at home and they are indeed not pretty.

Reaction score
shit just be glad it was something cheap like a rearend insted of something else , ive broken a few myself (GM) of course, but it beats a tranny!!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
it was a built rear

Define "built".

Did you have a girdle?
Axle tube brace?

Without those 2 critical components I would not consider a beefed up LSD with upgraded axle's only a "built" rear.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Define "built".

Did you have a girdle?
Axle tube brace?

Without those 2 critical components I would not consider a beefed up LSD with upgraded axle's only a "built" rear.

Indeed. What was 'built'?

The spyder gears in my '07 GT500 rear end have some kind of orange or yellow coating on the teeth (or they did when I last had them apart). Anyone else seen that on theirs?

560+ to the wheels with slicks is something I'll be pushing soon, so I'm watching with interest :beerdrink:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back