Boost A Pump and wiring upgrade help needed!!!

mrmonk7663

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I bought a BAP today to install for the Paxton Novi 1200 I just put on the car. I am including a picture of the BAP here. I have seen lots of talk about some kind of vaccum switch or something but the BAP I have does not have this. What I have is the box with 5 wires coming out of it. One wire is the Controller knob, one is the short ground strap, 2 wires are red, and the other wire is black but seems to be composed of actually 2 small wires inside. I have also heard alot about hard wiring the install to where you do not need the vaccum switch stuff. Can someone set me straight. Can I install this BAP safely as I currently have it and if so how do I do it? Also, I have the BAP wiring/FPDM upgrade kit from Lethal Performance. How does this work with this BAP, how do I wire it. I want to do both at the same time. Thanks alot everyone. i have to have this installed by Wed. night as the car goes to the dyno on Thursday.

Thanks, Mike

mrmonk7663

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Ok, I need some clarification. The diagram shows two wires from the BAP. I'm assuming that the red wire with the fused link goes to the relay, then i'm assuming the other red wire without the fused link goes to the FPDM right? The ground is simply attached to a good ground location. That leaves us with black wire that is composed of 2 small wires inside...What is this wire(s) and where does it connect to? Thanks...Mike

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here you go the same diagram with the 2 wires you're asking (hobbs switch)
BAP.jpg

mrmonk7663

forum member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for that diagram, that's great and more detailed than the rest. Alright, just want to make sure. I connect the small red and black wire together, and then connect it to nothing correct, put some electrical tape on the end and let it sit yes???

Also, about the BAP adjusted to 90%. Does this mean it will use 90% only when the load dictates the need and otherwise it will use less?? Also, why 90%? Why not 50% or 100%? Thanks alot. I hope to install this tomorrow...I have to install this tomorrow lol so I hope to hear from you soon or anyone else who can verify this. Thanks!!!

Mike

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Yes connect both wires together and tape them. About the 90%, output, I don't know why is that way. I set it at 90% and had been working fine with my Turbo set up. I installed the BAP 15 months ago.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back