Boss 302s clutch line bigger than stock?

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
I tried searching but couldnt find anything concrete.

I want to upgrade the cluth line (2013 gt mt-82)...i've read that other clutch lines out there use a bigger opening over the factory one...but than I saw there is a hard line boss 302s one (and while more expensive, which im ok with) which I like the idea of more...but I cant find out if the only difference is it being hardline & stainless with the same opening, or have they made the opening bigger as well?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

(I understand, there are cheaper options out there, that work just fine...im not interested in that...just the above question).

I appreciate any insight.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if you go from a standard clutch line to a hard piped one, there will be a difference no matter what size the opening.

2013DIBGT

I Hate Wheelhop
Reaction score
Not sure but I wonder if using a hard line would require additional attention to the motor and trans mounts to limit them from moving around and possibly crimping the hard line?

Does the 302S have different mounts in the above locations or some other form of engine brace which allows it to use hard lines on the clutch?

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure but I wonder if using a hard line would require additional attention to the motor and trans mounts to limit them from moving around and possibly crimping the hard line?

Does the 302S have different mounts in the above locations or some other form of engine brace which allows it to use hard lines on the clutch?

Its not hard line fully, it's,mostly hardline and about 6" of stainless flexible.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
if you go from a standard clutch line to a hard piped one, there will be a difference no matter what size the opening.

I agree...but from my understanding, a bigger opening seems to be the biggest difference.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fluid can't be compressed, so being larger has little effect except to carry more fluid. Unless I'm missing something.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if you have the same compressor on one end pushing the same compressee on the other, the line could be 6" in diameter and it wouldn't make a difference.

hydraulic-system.jpg

low_brake_pedal_basic_hydraulic_multiplication.jpg

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
I did read up on the larger line awhile ago.
I have a JPC line.

Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5U1j-gXGc

The 2013 GT500 has a different slave cylinder that has a larger bore, this will change the dynamics of the hydraulic system, it may be in the boss IDK?

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
if you have the same compressor on one end pushing the same compressee on the other, the line could be 6" in diameter and it wouldn't make a difference.

hydraulic-system.jpg

low_brake_pedal_basic_hydraulic_multiplication.jpg

While this link is not the one im looking at but it's selling point is replacing the restrictive factory clutch line with a high flow option...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mcleod-hydraulic-clutch-line-0513v8.html

Now I understand that there is always snake oil...but other companies claim the same thing. All would be snake oil then?

I understand the diagram and the physics behind, but wouldnt there be a point that it could be to small and bigger could be beneficial but have diminishing returns after an increase in diameter? I.e. if the opening only lets drops in, instead of a strem, wouldnt a bigger opening to a certain extent be beneficial? (I understand that, my example is a bit extreme, but im trying understand the theory)

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the only thing I could see it doing is making the clutch easier to push since your moving the same amount of fluid through a larger line

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if that 302S line is meant to be used with the regular booster. The 302S booster is $3500 and says "prototype" all over it

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder if that 302S line is meant to be used with the regular booster. The 302S booster is $3500 and says "prototype" all over it

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2005_2013_MUSTANG_HIGH_PERFORMANCE_CLUTCH_LINE_p/m-7512-a.htm

Doesnt say it only works with the booster...just says it's an upgrade for our cars, but they couod be omitting that.

But I dont see why a line, would only work with a certain booster, if it fits the regular tranny and booster?

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
the only thing I could see it doing is making the clutch easier to push since your moving the same amount of fluid through a larger line

Id be happy with that, im trying to get rid of the super firm pedal under hard acceleration shifting and swapping the line helps with that some.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back