Brisk plugs suck bad

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Damn. This thread scares me. I didn't realize people were having this much trouble with Brisk plugs.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with the performance of these plugs at all. Can anyone else chime in if they have running/idle problems??

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
did you ever get it tuned out and try them. mine drives like it is completely stock with them in there.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's the middle of April and my car still isn't running. Two of the plug bodies were basically atomically fused to the head, so I had to have all of the head hardware transferred to a bare head I had laying around.

With rental cars and all, this is going to be a $1500 set of spark plugs.

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
It's the middle of April and my car still isn't running. Two of the plug bodies were basically atomically fused to the head, so I had to have all of the head hardware transferred to a bare head I had laying around.

With rental cars and all, this is going to be a $1500 set of spark plugs.

Damn, sorry to hear that!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Man thats sucks bad! I replaced mine with the brisk one piece fo n/a cars, no problems so far, i chose them because i have an 05 and did not want another two piece plug. good luck..

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with the performance of these plugs at all. Can anyone else chime in if they have running/idle problems??

I had quite a bit of issues out of mine, I had a post in the tech thread about it. Swapped to a new set of brisk plugs which made it even worse(must've been defective?). Put the old set back in and regapped, still had a bad mis under boost. Swapped coils, cleaned maf, did everything else possible and still didn't fix it. Swapped in NGK plugs and that fixed it right up. FUCK BRISK.

FAST3V

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I think I bought Abdulla's Brisk Plugs.....I think he forgot to tell me about the issues he was having with them..1 of them fouled out on me a week after I got them.. I just bought extras for if and when one goes out..

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I think I bought Abdulla's Brisk Plugs.....I think he forgot to tell me about the issues he was having with them..1 of them fouled out on me a week after I got them.. I just bought extras for if and when one goes out..

I'm sorry if you had issues out of plugs that I sold you, but the last time I sold Brisk plugs was on January 28th. My issues with Brisk started only about 2 weeks ago:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81104

Don't really know what to tell you other than that, I used to keep a spare of Brisk plugs in my garage as well. I had good luck with them up until that point, anyone who knows me will you tell you the same.

BullittRob

forum member
Reaction score
The first set of Brisk plugs I had resulted in a pretty poppy misfire at idle that got progressively worse. Brenspeed said they were hit-and-miss with those plugs, sent me a new set, and I have had no problems since. I may change to a different plug when it comes time to replace them.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I had quite a bit of issues out of mine, I had a post in the tech thread about it. Swapped to a new set of brisk plugs which made it even worse(must've been defective?). Put the old set back in and regapped, still had a bad mis under boost. Swapped coils, cleaned maf, did everything else possible and still didn't fix it. Swapped in NGK plugs and that fixed it right up. FUCK BRISK.

That's super interesting to hear. I'm going to try to get time to get brisk on the phone and see if I can find out a reason why you guys are having problems.

Was the misfire everywhere in the rpm or just certain places. What was the boost pressure.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
That's super interesting to hear. I'm going to try to get time to get brisk on the phone and see if I can find out a reason why you guys are having problems.

Was the misfire everywhere in the rpm or just certain places. What was the boost pressure.

My car is an 06, with the stock motor and 06 style heads I've used 3 sets of Brisk plugs without a single problem. I used 2 sets when my car was turbo, and 1 set when it was Whippled. They never gave me any issues at all. After blowing my engine I changed to the newer style 08+ heads, and so I needed the 12mm plugs. Those are what gave me all the problems I had. I've heard the newer style plugs tend to have more issues than the older ones.

benjytps

forum member
Reaction score
we run brisk in allot of apllications with good success. We tested a set on our turbo car for ober 3 years an just recently pulled them and installed a new set. We run them in our toyota parts go getter, motorcycle, and all 3 of our shop cars.

Te only issue we have ever had is the top cap backing off, a simple resolution is to crimp it and be done.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Also seen the top cap back off on brisk plugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

hapnin10

Reaction score
besides Brisk who else makes a 12mm cooler degree plug for the late model 3 valve?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back