Camber Kit for 2011 mustang 5.0 need help!

Stang 5.0

Reaction score
quick question fellas, i want to do a drop on the stang, do i need to put the camber plates on with it? im new to the whole lowering the vehicle and i wasnt to sure if its a MUST! or if im good to roll without it.

BlackMamba03

forum member
Reaction score
You can use camber bolts or caster/camber plates. Bolts will work for most but I'd use plates myself.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
hmmmm ok either the bolts or the plates, ic...ok sounds good thanks man

Camber bolts will only correct up to 1 degree of camber, just a fyi.

Most lowered cars from 1-1.5" are only -1 to -1.8 degrees out of spec.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Camber bolts worked fine for me and I aligned it myself in my garage with nothing more than a digital level and a straight edge.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I use bolts and they seem to be fine thus far, in future Im going to throw some plates on it just for peace of mind

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
The camber bolts never felt quite right on my 2011. But on my 2007 they were great. It really depends on how low the springs drop the front end.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I didn't even use camber bolts. I slightly keyholed the lower strut mount hole and that was plenty good enough to get it in spec. But I run mine set to -1° Camber anyway. Haven't had any abnormal tire wear in the last 8k miles.

I didn't even need to adjust camber with my Steeda Ultralight springs. When I changed over to GT500 upper mounts and Koni STR.T's, that's when I needed to adjust camber since it was -2° after the install.

Reaction score
ive got eibach sportline, and the bolts worked perfect for me . sportlines are one of the lowest springs next to the h&r SS

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
^^ what do you mean by "never felt quite right"

Turning felt awkward. Did not have the effortness/smoothness that it had stock. I also used SVT mounts. One night I was driving and I heard a pop up front. I had enough of that. When I installed cc plates it felt normal again. I'm the only one that I'm aware of that had this problem. I run 2005/2010 Eibach Pro springs.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back