Can 450+ rwhp be done N/A on a 4.6L 3V????

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No shit, Buckwheat. With the exception of the intake manifold this can be done.

As far as why people build upper end N/A engines.....because they want to see how far they can engineer and push the package. The 450 N/A mark hasn't been eclipsed yet. Why not give it a shot. Or...this could be a lead in experiment to put a 3V engine into one of the N/A classes at NMRA/NMCA or the Ram series. There is a certain satisfaction in building serious N/A power. The engineering, technology, and parts are where that satisfaction comes from. You can't just swap pullies or turn the knob on the boost controller.

:clap: Finally someone said it

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You know, Matt....I was raised around nothing but Stock/Super Stock/Modified Production/Comp Eliminator people. To me that is where you seriously learn the true secrets of horsepower production.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Discuss.....

NO STROKER
STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD
4.6L 3V
.020 over
heads
cams
bolt-on's
longtubes
etc....

Compression obviously is a must...

Sure...but not on a normal person's budget. :beer:

Boorail85

forum member
Reaction score
Building serious hp n/a engines is done for the reason of being able to say it is possible, and that you were the one to do it.. or to race in a certian class.. hell, maybe even both.

And to all those worrying about "Street friendly" .. He mentioned that this is for a drag only car.. which means street friendly has no bearing.. or to say, who cares!

I hope you guys get it.. I'd love to see what it takes to make one hit that number.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Discuss.....

NO STROKER
STOCK INTAKE MANIFOLD
4.6L 3V
.020 over
heads
cams
bolt-on's
longtubes
etc....

Compression obviously is a must...

And to all those worrying about "Street friendly" .. He mentioned that this is for a drag only car.. which means street friendly has no bearing.. or to say, who cares!

really? where did he say that???

:headscratch:

further, he didn't advocate that it was to race a particular class until some point later.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back