Combined 15" wheel Fitment Thread

blackstallion06

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Guys this is a great thread!!!! I been looking for wheels for a long time and all I could find where bogart. I priced checked the back alone where almost 1000. I just dont have that money laying around. I will be buying some skinnys for the front off your thread to guide my purchase.
Since te wheels where so expensive what I did and others can do is go to a junkyard and find a set of 15's off of a ranger pickup. I use these and they work fine. I sanded them down and primed them then added some gloss black to match my car. I am running a 3/8 wheels spacer. Just a cheap route but worked for me. I have a M/T 26x10.5x15 on the wheel

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys this is a great thread!!!! I been looking for wheels for a long time and all I could find where bogart. I priced checked the back alone where almost 1000. I just dont have that money laying around. I will be buying some skinnys for the front off your thread to guide my purchase.
Since te wheels where so expensive what I did and others can do is go to a junkyard and find a set of 15's off of a ranger pickup. I use these and they work fine. I sanded them down and primed them then added some gloss black to match my car. I am running a 3/8 wheels spacer. Just a cheap route but worked for me. I have a M/T 26x10.5x15 on the wheel
i know where u can get the bogarts for 700 and even less. for the rear:beerdrink:

bullitt3544

Reaction score
centerline wheels

ok, just wanted to run this past everyone since this is the place to do it :helpme: i ordered centerline revolutions last month, 15 x 4 and 15 x 10s 7" bs on the 10s and 1 3/4 on the fronts, did the swaybar relocate kit, and got a 1" spacer for the front. wheels should fit like a glove, heres the question for you guys, im runnin 4:10s and eibach pro kit springs, should i run a 26 x 10 or a 28 x 12 tire on the rear? i know the 26x 10's will fit but i think they will be lost in the fender well, thanks guys. heres a pic of the wheels. not bad, $950 for the set

12670rev.jpg

Last edited:

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i ordered centerline revolutions last month, 15 x 4 and 15 x 10s 7" bs on the 10s and 1 3/4 on the fronts, did the swaybar relocate kit, and got a 1" spacer for the front. wheels should fit like a glove,

I hate to tell you this, but your wheels are gonna stick out. Not enough BS for the rear and your spacers are too thick for the front.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this, but your wheels are gonna stick out. Not enough BS for the rear and your spacers are too thick for the front.

^^What he said^^
You need a 7 1/2" backspace for the rear, and only need about a 3/8" spacer for the front.

Do you know someone who has tried the wheels? Do you have any idea if they will clear the brake calipers? Also, do you know the weight of them?

bullitt3544

Reaction score
wheels

so 7" isnt enough huh? oh well looks like they are goin to weldcraft for some work!!:thud:ant a 1" spacer is too much? but that other guys runnin a 7/8' spacer, whats an 1/8" its tiny. guess ill figure it out when i get em this week, thanks guys. now about the tires? 28's or 26's what do you guys think?

landis

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I plan spraying my car soon and was thinking about switching to a 275/60 15 if it will fit.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Weld Draglite's 15x10 with 7.5 backspace....Stock studs....Can't remember which brand lugnuts they are, Holeshot sells them.....You have to do a lot of grinding, and I mean a lot....The new RT Series Weld's will clear without griding and stock studs....

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
so 7" isnt enough huh? oh well looks like they are goin to weldcraft for some work!!:thud:ant a 1" spacer is too much? but that other guys runnin a 7/8' spacer, whats an 1/8" its tiny. guess ill figure it out when i get em this week, thanks guys. now about the tires? 28's or 26's what do you guys think?
Who runs a 7/8" spacer up front? The studs will be way short, too.

MARKCORE

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone running Eibach sportlines? These springs add a significant drop, just wondering if these wheel sizes will still work.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Markcore, so long as the wheels tuck under the wheel well sufficiently then you shouldn't have any issues running a 26" or 28" tall tire

bullitt3544

Reaction score
b/s on wheels

ok cool thing, got a hold of centerline last week before they made my rears, switched it to 7.5 b/s, and got a set of 28 x 12 s/r raidials, just wanted to thank all you guys for your time and knowledge:thumb:

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris suggested I post up my install experience in this thread, so here it is.

Just some notes, as I just put the Jegs Sport Star on the front of my car. I had them powder coated black to match my rear wheels, which are 17x9's with M&H 325's. I went with a 1/4 spacer as I have V6 brakes up front.

Here are the notes I posted in the 15" Jeg's thread:

Install Notes

I took the day off to install the wheels, and glad I did. Took the wheels to good year, had them mounted in balance. Cut and dry, no issues there. Got home, couldn't find the damn scale. Went into the "pit" (our spare guest room) and couldn't find it. Called the wife at work, she said the scale has been MIA for nearly 2 years. Fine.

Do a test fit on the wheels, and I can tell I can fit the wheel on the front V6 brakes no problem. Then test it with the 1/4 Jegs spacer. Almost no rubbing and a ton of space for the lugs! Decide to go that route, test the fitment and lugs...stock lugs don't fit.

Run to Target, get a scale. Run to Autozone, get some narrow lugs with extension tool (all came in a tuner lug kit - go figure). Get home, test the lugs, fit perfect, and sit flush with the wheel. Awesome.

Weight Savings

Before I started the install, I decided to see what my weight savings would be. My calculations indicated 20lbs per corner of the car. Here is what it really came out to be:

• 17x9 Bullit Wheel w/Nitto 450 255/50/17 - 54lbs
  • 15x4 Jegs Wheel w/Kumho 165/80/15 - 29lbs

Rotational weight savings per wheel: 25lbs
Toto rotational weight savings: 50lbs

Also, I weighed my 17x9's with the M&H 325's, and they came in at 48lbs. F'ing heavy ass Nittos!

Shaving The Calipers

I was originally going to use a sanding wheel on my drill. But Tony (Ranebowcyxx), convinced me to use a dremel tool with a grinding wheel. He said it would cut through the material faster than the drill because of the rpm (35k). I didn't have a dremel kit, so was a perfect excuse to buy a tool.

Get it, get the brown 1" grinding wheel on it. He was right, it shaved off the material I needed in just under 5 minutes. I barely needed 1mm with the 1/4 spacer and the V6 brakes.

jeg5.jpg

Measurements

I run the stock V6 springs, with a 5.4 3V iron block, and an aggressive CDC chin spoiler. Going into this, I knew I that chin was not going to like the shorter Kumho (will switch out to M&H's after built block, these are speed rated at 118 - keep that in mind!). I took some measurements so you call can take note of this:

• Nitto 255/50/17 - chin spoiler clearance: 4.5"
  • Kumho 165/80/15 - chin spoiler clearance: 2.9"

Ouch! Now good year only inflated them up to 33psi, and its max is 44psi. I plan to run them at 41psi. So I may see a little more. But its definitely not going to get over any speed bumps.

I will be putting these on the track, and taking them off before I leave. Later I will have Tokicos all the way around, and I can play with adjusting the fronts with these wheels/tires.

Pictures

I already posted up the pics a bunch of times, so instead of filling this thread up with pics, if you want to see them I put them in this Coppermine gallery:

http://www.mustangcollective.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=98

Hope this helps. Special thanks to Dale (Firestang70), Mike@Powerhouse, Chuck@CHE and of course, S197forum for this little project. I would never have thought of going with these if it were not for S197forum.com.

Cheers.

Todd

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back