Combined 15" wheel Fitment Thread

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
glad i decided to come in this forum. i would have never known about these rims. thanks rygen and everyone else for your help. something new to look forward too.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't take any credit, I came in on the tail end of this after all these guys did the R&D. I just took what they did and duplicated it. It was Firestang70 that did the testing with front V6 brakes and the smaller spacer. But the tech on this site is incredible, and specifically the S197 drag racing tech here is exceptional.

I hope to meet everyone up at the NMRA events this year.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks to EVERYONE who did the testing for this. Saved me and a lot of other guys a LOT of headaches down the road.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
This forum is highly dedicated to helping everyone, and the credit goes to the owners of this forum...

Everyone here is glad to help everyone else here....

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
*UPDATE*

tried installing the jegs stars (all 4 corners) as mentioned in this thread on my 2006 GT. All of them still require brake caliper grinding. i purchased the wheels a few months back when this thread started...just got around to getting tires. went to put them on...and they all locked up on the calipers. i am confident they can be made to work with litle grinding, but as of now they are NOT bolt on and run.

the rear will be minimal, on one part of the caliper.

the front will take some effort and creativity. i am going to try and eliminate the need for a spacer. currently a touch over 1/4" just about 3/8". worse case is that i have another spacer that is between 1/8" and 3/16"...so if i can get it it except them that would be nice. and would probebly eliminate the need to change out the studs. so this might be a blessing in disguise.

MikeyBlacks

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 08 gt & just ordered the Jegs stars as listed above w/m&h tires all around...
Plz someone tell me they are gonna fit...I'm going to the track on sat.
Am I gonna have clearance issues too ?

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 08 gt & just ordered the Jegs stars as listed above w/m&h tires all around...
Plz someone tell me they are gonna fit...I'm going to the track on sat.
Am I gonna have clearance issues too ?

you will have to wait till you bolt them on. sorry i cant give ya better news. you might get lucky. and maybe it is just my car that is being the bitch. one thing i can tell you is that....you can make em work if they dont just bolt on.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
i wont own a grinding tool not sure how much that costs..

i wonder if a local shop could grind it down to get it to fit and i wonder how much they'd charge hmmmm..

i havent bought them yet but i could see this maybe being a summer project.

bullitt3544

Reaction score
FINALLY got em on

Got my 15"s from centerline last night, little grinding here and there and here she is, the 7' b/s doesnt look too bad, right? i know i said i cought it in time but apperently not according to centerlin, oh well

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

05yellowgt

Reaction score
That is basically what my Weld XP 15x9 5.5 BS look like right now. Have you driven the car like this? With a 28" tall tire I had some bad rubbing issues.

MikeyBlacks

forum member
Reaction score
Bullit,
what year is your car ?? did u take pics of where u had 2 grind ? this is the issue that's up in the air, cause of the caliper's some have to grind & some don't..& being that i just ordered the jeg's star's as listed above..I just wanna be prepared for the worst & my car is a 08 gt.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't really see all that well with the pictures you posted. But those rear wheels look like they stick out quite a bit. Can you take some from the back, or possibly looking straight down toward the ground from above the rear fender?

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't really see all that well with the pictures you posted. But those rear wheels look like they stick out quite a bit. Can you take some from the back, or possibly looking straight down toward the ground from above the rear fender?

+1...From the angle of the picture I don't think I'd want to launch with those.

bullitt3544

Reaction score
not rubbing at all!!

these tires dont rub at all!! heres another pic, maybe it because i have stiff eibachs in it??!?! but i launched her at like 4200 this morning, no rub!!

IMG_8835.jpg

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
That looks sinister!!! They do stick out a little, a 7.5 backspace would have been tits...

The fronts look real good, can you give some detailed info on what it took front and rear?? Thanks man..

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that with my 3D Carbon that have fender flare it will be perfect.

*waiting for the detail*

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back