CompO '16 GT Ordered

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Update on my side of things: Trevor's car has been at the shippers holding area (in MD) for over two weeks now. I called the shipper and they confirmed they have it but have a delivery-hold order from Ford. I am getting the Ford rep involved to see what is the hold up.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
I've read over on 6g that this is a problem and no one is fessing up for a real reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I know there was a Sync 3 software update that needed to be addressed in some 2016 Mustangs but that doesn't call for a delivery hold. I've had three truck deliveries this week, including 4 Mustangs that had a build date around Trevor's... so I'm trying to guess it is quality control on a retail unit. This happened on a Flex and F-150 order I had this year.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be buying one for mine assuming I get it in the Spring. Comp Orange GT, too. Just a base PP not premium unless I can find a used Premium with PP

Nice! With all the AirLift and misc. parts laying around in my spare bedroom I've been super anxious to get the car!

When does your car arrive? I know someone who can test the wheel out while you wait, lol!

TBH I've been debating on placing an order for January and selling this one for $350 - $400. I really don't need $200 THAT bad to try and hustle someone though lol.

Update on my side of things: Trevor's car has been at the shippers holding area (in MD) for over two weeks now. I called the shipper and they confirmed they have it but have a delivery-hold order from Ford. I am getting the Ford rep involved to see what is the hold up.

Just my luck lol! Hopefully not too much longer. Thanks for the update Cam!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I know there was a Sync 3 software update that needed to be addressed in some 2016 Mustangs but that doesn't call for a delivery hold. I've had three truck deliveries this week, including 4 Mustangs that had a build date around Trevor's... so I'm trying to guess it is quality control on a retail unit. This happened on a Flex and F-150 order I had this year.

So Trevor's car fell off a truck, is what you're saying ... OK, got it, sorry about your car Trev ...

My car got delivered with a pass-side mirror broken right off, it was in the back seat, delayed delivery to me by 2 weeks while I ordered a new mirror for it, new cap that had to be painted, and then I installed it before the final cleaning and paperwork was done.
Yes, I ordered and replaced the mirror, I was a Service Advisor at the dealership I bought it from.
The car sat inside the whole time, in the first service bay where I could see it from the Service desk :biggrin:

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
So Trevor's car fell off a truck, is what you're saying ... OK, got it, sorry about your car Trev ...

My car got delivered with a pass-side mirror broken right off, it was in the back seat, delayed delivery to me by 2 weeks while I ordered a new mirror for it, new cap that had to be painted, and then I installed it before the final cleaning and paperwork was done.
Yes, I ordered and replaced the mirror, I was a Service Advisor at the dealership I bought it from.
The car sat inside the whole time, in the first service bay where I could see it from the Service desk :biggrin:

More than likely lol! Wish I had a drone and I'd might make the trip down to the rail yard and see if I can find it lmao.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Metric system!!!!!

Global supply chain driven I imagine.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You still don't have your car yet?!?!?!?!?!?!? Dude, it's time for me to trade again for a '17!! This '16 has 23 miles on it already!!!:wtf1:

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
You still don't have your car yet?!?!?!?!?!?!? Dude, it's time for me to trade again for a '17!! This '16 has 23 miles on it already!!!:wtf1:
Lmao, got an update yesterday that a recall has been issued on it for seatbelts. Just my luck to be one of 1900 Mustangs to be affected lol. Not sure when it'll be released from the rail yard, but I'm hoping soon. At this point, before Thanksgiving would be great lol!

• VIN: 1FA6P8CF9G5229204
  • Recall Date: OCT 26, 2015
  • Recall Title: RESTRAINT COMPONENT REPLACEMENT
  • NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
  • Ford Recall Number: 15C13
  • Recall Description: SHIPPING DAMAGE TO RESTRAINT PARTS
  • Risk to Safety: SEAT BELTS OR TETHER ANCHORS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FMVSS 209 OR 225, RESPECTIVELY, MAY NOT ADEQUATELY RESTRAIN THE OCCUPANT IN A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY.
  • Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING REPLACED: LEFT-HAND (LH) AND RIGHT-HAND (RH) FRONT SEAT BELT RETRACTORS AND PRETENSIONERS, LH AND RH REAR SEAT BELT RETRACTORS, LH AND RH REAR SEAT BELT BUCKLES, AND LH AND RH REAR CHILD SAFETY SEAT TETHER ANCHORS. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD IS EXCLUDING REIMBURSEMENT FOR COSTS BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY PROGRAM WOULD PROVIDE FOR A FREE REPAIR FOR THIS CONCERN. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
  • Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah.... Not sure if it will be by Turkey day. Text incoming.

At least we finally have some sort of date now lol.

Went ahead and placed an order over at Steeda for some suspension pieces. Pretty sure I walked away with a GREAT deal with the Stop the Hop kit and G-Trac K-Member Brace for $926 Shipped.

Steeda Mustang Ultimate IRS 'Stop the Hop' Package (2015 All) - 555-2129
Includes:
555-4437 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
555-4438 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
555-4121 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
555-5754 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Support Braces
555-4120 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Adjustable Rear Toe Links

Steeda Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace (15-16 All) 555-5532

Parts are piling up like crazy lol!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At least we finally have some sort of date now lol.

Went ahead and placed an order over at Steeda for some suspension pieces. Pretty sure I walked away with a GREAT deal with the Stop the Hop kit and G-Trac K-Member Brace for $926 Shipped.

Steeda Mustang Ultimate IRS 'Stop the Hop' Package (2015 All) - 555-2129
Includes:
555-4437 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Bushing Support System
555-4438 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
555-4121 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links
555-5754 - 2015 Steeda Mustang IRS Subframe Support Braces
555-4120 - 2015 Steeda Mustang Adjustable Rear Toe Links

Steeda Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace (15-16 All) 555-5532

Parts are piling up like crazy lol!

I can help with one box.....lol...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The car is going to be a year old by the time it gets to you!!!

Shoulda bought from a reputable dealership.:gr_grin::chewie:

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
The car is going to be a year old by the time it gets to you!!!

Shoulda bought from a reputable dealership.:gr_grin::chewie:

At this rate Darren's car will have over 24 miles on it and if you have to wait until Thanksgiving he will be at almost 25...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
At this rate Darren's car will have over 24 miles on it and if you have to wait until Thanksgiving he will be at almost 25...

That's a lot of laps around the garage, all pushed of course.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score

I think you may get my next purchase business. Personal service is something that is severely lacking in most of my car buying experiences.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
DCzoGEwh.jpg

SUCK IT N36RO! Here, I'll let you rub mine. LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back