Continental Extreme Contact DW's

csullivan

Reaction score
I was a BFG KDW2 fan and have had two sets on my GT500 as well as the F1 supercar OEM tire (not a fan of this tire at all). My car puts 550 to the wheels. Living in Houston we get our fair share of rain and the F1's sucked...the KDW2's were better. I just installed the Continental's and WOW...what a great tire. Very Quiet...loads of grip and razor like steering response. The look sort of like the CART race car tire...very wide channels for rain.
:highfive:

BuckeyeBOSS

forum member
Reaction score
Nice choice. I just got my DW's on last night, can't wait to try them out!

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
ive heard GREAT things about the DWs. ill be getting 285/40/18 for my next set of rears. hows the straight line grip? i know cornering is amazing

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Hope I didnt make the wrong choice,just got the KDW2s 255/35 front and 285/30 rear.

BuckeyeBOSS

forum member
Reaction score
Got a chance to take a little drive today with mine. I like them better than the Pirelli's in every single way. I have 255/45/17 DW's out back and 235/45/17 DWS's up front, since I throw snow tires/rims on the rear in winter. Granted, the DW's out back are a max perf summer tire vs the all-season Pirelli's, but man, the car feels better in the corners, under acceleration, and just driving in general.

BuckeyeBOSS

forum member
Reaction score
We've had a monsoon here ALL day, still pouring down. I just drove home from work and these tires gripped unbelievably well. I could drive like normal no problem, even got on it a bit to test them out and had zero issues with them. Incredible wet traction!

F2Kmech

forum member
Reaction score
Hope I didnt make the wrong choice,just got the KDW2s 255/35 front and 285/30 rear.

You did not make a bad choice. I had them on an 04 WRX with 307 AWHP, awesome suspension and Stoptechs up front. They were great in the dry and the wet (saved my butt a couple times). Mine hummed a bit as they got older, but a great tire none the less.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
mine was just delivered today. cant wait to put them on next wk

2BlownStangs

forum member
Reaction score
I had the conti extreme contact in 325. There were great for traction no doubt. abit pricey but nice though

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Been testing them out over the past few day and they are great. Tires really do make a difference.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the DW's as well. Great tire! I like my Hankooks to. My next set of tires will probobaly be the DW's though. The hankooks where easier on the pocket at the time.

Out of all the tires I have had experience with over the years the conti DW's and the Hankook ventus v12 evos are my two favorites by far (best bang for the buck).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back