Controversial color....Do you hate it too?

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
So I have been wanting to powder coat my wheels a sort of bronze color (sunken treasure) for some time now but have been waiting until the tires wear out to send them. I figured I would do a little plasti dip test with the new metalizers they have. I couldn't find copper so I tried the gold and came up with a wild gold green sort of color. I could have added another coat of the metalizer but I was out of dip so I went with this.

Its sort a temporary thing and it will come off when I need tires but I'm looking for opinions just because it seems so controversial a color. So far I have three hate it and three love it. It could be the love it's are just being nice as it's my wife and kids who hate it.....they don't pull punches.

I'm going to add another scallop to the hood....it's not done. it's just plasti dip too so the outer scallop that I will add will match the wheels. Sort of a pin strip on the out side of the one you see and maybe 3.5" on the bottom. Kind of like a double RTR stripe sort of thing.

Anyway, just thought I would share. I know some of you are going to hate it, maybe most but it's OK. Like I said it was just for fun and only temporary.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was gonna get flamed over this one. Thanks for the positive comments!

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't hate it and I don't love it either. Maybe on a different color car or if you had something to accent it on the car.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Love it on the White! Nice work with the plasti-dip also..

Not sure about any other color car.. Limited I think but now you got me thinkin.. lol

Last edited:

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Too dark a bronze for me! Doesn't really go with anything on the car, but she's your baby!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I dig it.

White, black, and maaaaybe DIB could pull it off, other colors nope.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too dark a bronze for me! Doesn't really go with anything on the car, but she's your baby!

I agree. I love bronze wheels but it seems a tad but dark. A few shades lighter and its money! But I'm not hating it by any means! Looks good!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I usually love wheels in funky / offbeat colors, but I really don't like that AT ALL. It is not flattering to the car in any way.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back