Controversial color....Do you hate it too?

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I like it. Especially looks good up close. Agree it would look better on a different color car, though...

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S4

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Reaction score
I like it. I think powdercoat will be nice. Are you using aerosol or their spray machine? I've been wanting to do a charcoal on my Saleen wheels.

Sent from the Right of nowhere

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
I like it, being totally honest.

I have a black car and if my interior was not red (as if if my car was black on black) I would do it myself.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad, but it would flow and look a lot cleaner if they were brushed or black. Gotta give you props for wanting to look different though!

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I like it. I think powdercoat will be nice. Are you using aerosol or their spray machine? I've been wanting to do a charcoal on my Saleen wheels.

Sent from the Right of nowhere

I just used the aerosol cans. If you decide to do it I would suggest using some tire gel on the tires (don't get it on the rim though). With the gel you can peal the over spray on the tires right off in one big long piece and it will stay on the rims.

Also make sure you either don't spray in the lug holes or trim the dip off that area. If you don't you will lift the coating from the rims when you tighten the lugs. You just have to get it off the part where the conical lugs meet so they don't twist the coating.

Last thing to consider is the metalizers and the glossifiers are much thinner that the normal dip. If you like to use a heavy application like I do then you will have to be wary or not making drips with the gloss (I did this on my hood and had to start over).

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad, but it would flow and look a lot cleaner if they were brushed or black. Gotta give you props for wanting to look different though!

Those rims come in a brushed/silver too. I kick my self sometimes over that one.

SickGT

forum member
Reaction score
I actually like that a lot. Had your car been a different color (besides black), I think it would look a little weird. I agree with what was said earlier, take the badges to a paint shop to have them matched.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the color but I don't like it with the white car.

Drkmrkiv

forum member
Reaction score
I dig em. I had some rotas in royal sport bronze on an old car of mine. I've got a soft spot for gold/bronze colored wheels.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys for the comments. This thread and living with the rims confirms that a bronze is the way I will be going with the powder coating eventually. I'm liking the contrasting color, for me the.black just blends too much. The matching color on the hood didn't work out, its just too hard to get it right. I did change the shape of the scallop from the pics shown and I'm liking that as well.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
i like it alot. i did 2 coats on my rtrs, didnt like the lightness. i just got copper for my next wheel set

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back