Coyote Catastrophic Failure

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
The dealer or anybody with an up to date IDS can do your crank relearn.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Drove up to summit and bought roush's last night, put em on and fired the car up. Not too bad at idle, LOTS of bass, reminded me of dumps almost.

Free revving, holy fucking shitballs....you guys weren't kidding. LOUD.

Took it for a short drive, no drone, pretty tame at part throttle, and not bad cruising at all. But when I opened it up, literally no words to describe. Crazy loud. I think it sounds good, its just ridiculous.

Dropping off at the dyno tonight, shouldn't be more than a few days he said for the tuner to squeeze me in.

Anybody wanna make HP guesses?

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have given a reference. It made 620 on a mustang Dyno before the exhaust cams and headers. It will be on a dynojet this time.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Haha. I lost 1.5 psi from the cams and headers. So I know the engine is more efficient now.

I'm hoping for 640-650 on "10 psi" and 700 on "13 psi". (what kb rates the pulleys at)

bestmustangparts

Reaction score
First time to this thread. ;)

Sorry for your problems and glad you have it running now. Nothing nicer than that first start up!

Maybe you said, but what did the Boss short block cost you? I ask because I built my own from Ford Racing parts and I'm curious what it came with and what the cost was. Maybe I wasted my time? :)

Lastly - It might not make you feel any better - and I'm not standing up for the tuner because there's no way to know what caused what but.. You have to pay to play. You have a big blower on that puppy. Most guys who are making bleeding edge power and have a failure are pissed but not 100% surprised - ya know? Definitely under the "stuff" happens category.

Jeff

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
c6f.gif

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
First time to this thread. ;)

Sorry for your problems and glad you have it running now. Nothing nicer than that first start up!

Maybe you said, but what did the Boss short block cost you? I ask because I built my own from Ford Racing parts and I'm curious what it came with and what the cost was. Maybe I wasted my time? :)

Lastly - It might not make you feel any better - and I'm not standing up for the tuner because there's no way to know what caused what but.. You have to pay to play. You have a big blower on that puppy. Most guys who are making bleeding edge power and have a failure are pissed but not 100% surprised - ya know? Definitely under the "stuff" happens category.

Jeff

The short block was 3600 shipped from an awesome forum member who works at a dealer and helped me a lot.

If you knew how much timing and the air fuel ratios of that tune you wouldn't say "stuff happens". This thread isn't about bashing that tuner, facts are facts. And people will make up their own minds anyway.

Thanks for reading I hope you learned some things, I know I did.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it...but who tuned it this time?

RH

Sorry I missed this, Jon Lund tuned it.

Thinkin about buyin a '13 Boss, anybody wanna buy my car?

It made 653/539 on a very conservative tune in 91 degree weather. It runs great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back