DIY: Black out Chrome Emblems

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Didn't use plasitdip but painted my faux gas cap and GT badges with Krylon Fusion black.

FauxGasCapFin.jpg

FenderBadge.jpg

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Didn't use plasitdip but painted my faux gas cap and GT badges with Krylon Fusion black.

FauxGasCapFin.jpg

FenderBadge.jpg

Any tips on sticking them back on? I was thinking the best way would be to just buy replacement oem emblems on ebay and paint them first so they have the original adhesive tape.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
That's what I did. Or you could buy the them sheets of 3m tape and cut out the emblem.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Thanks, did it almost two years ago too and it's still looking like the day I did it.

chaoscentral

forum member
Reaction score
I'll post a few pics, I got kinda carried away with the stuff though lol First up, did the pony on the grill, then decided I wanted a GT/CS look on the stock GT bumper and did the lower air dam as well

Then I did the rear deck lid as well since I figured "hey I might as well save $60 on a blackout panel"

Front:
IMG_0149.JPG

Rear
IMG_0162.JPG

I have since taken the plastidip off the actual rear emblem, but left the decklid on there, I think it looks fantastic now

dsmdiggler

forum member
Reaction score
I did this today, maybe because I'm not good at this stuff it didn't work that well. Also, it is literally 109 degrees today so that might not have help either. When I was done with a few coats it looked like there was little pock marks all over it. I might just scrape it off and try it again. By the way, holy overspray batman! This stuff gets everywhere!

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
ill be doing this tomorrow to my emblems, fuax gas cap, and rear deck lid cant wait thats going to save a bit of money. how do u think it would be on the side marker lights to dark ?

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Did the GT emblems in CF wrap and the faux gas cap center in CF. Sorry about the shitty pictures, my camera sucks.

Attachments

• 116_0337.jpg
    116_0337.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 116_0341.jpg
    116_0341.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 45

Blk Nsty

Reaction score
If this stuff works as well as everyone says, especially on paint, I've always wanted flat black stripes on my car. Shop wants $400-$700 depending on quality of vinyl I use and what the design is like. Do you guys think I'd honestly be able to do some stripes all the way down my car with no problems? Stuff comes out flat black anyway, so why not try it if it's what I wanted in the first place.

One more question, is there a way to make this stuff have a shine to it, like a clear coat or anything? Just curious.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
One more question, is there a way to make this stuff have a shine to it, like a clear coat or anything? Just curious.

They do make a "glossifier" and I did try it on my daughter's mustang wheels after I did them in black. It adds more of a "satin" than a gloss. The texture and physical properties of the "glossifier" is not than same as the actual plastidip black spray. The actual spray is more "rubber" like and the "glossifier" is not.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back