Dyno date set!

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Next friday I will be making the trip to mid atlantic performance for a dyno tune. I'm going to have a run with out the frpp intake, then install it and have mike tune it so we can see what gains if any it will bring to an N/A cammed S197, anyone interested in going? The car is scheduled to be on the dyno at 10:30am.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be riding with you Luke since I need to upgrade MAF's....sigh.....

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Good luck on the dyno tomorrow Luke!!! Car sounds killer with that X-pipe!!!

Hope all goes good with the ride Greg, and the MAF works out for ya!!! Hope you get it back tomorrow!!!

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Im excited! Although my dad called not too long ago and said he didnt think it was a good idea. He's worried about the load its going to put on my engine. Now he has me paranoid a little bit about a man they call Murphy.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah...about that...the SCT MAF Mike got is DOA...sigh...replacement doesn't arrive until Saturday so Mike is trying to work some magic or I will have to beg Jeremy to let me borrow his....always something.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am planning on it..if I can get the MAF from Jeremy it should all work.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Yeah...about that...the SCT MAF Mike got is DOA...sigh...replacement doesn't arrive until Saturday so Mike is trying to work some magic or I will have to beg Jeremy to let me borrow his....always something.

For real!!?? Holy shit dude, this is starting to get weird!! Well I hope everything works out!!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Thanks, Im excited! Although my dad called not too long ago and said he didnt think it was a good idea. He's worried about the load its going to put on my engine. Now he has me paranoid a little bit about a man they call Murphy.

Well I guess that there is always that chance! Could always just enjoy how it runs now I guess! Good luck with whatever you do, I'll be watching for updates!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How would it put any more load on your engine than normal driving?

You will be fine being NA...

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Greg, forgive me for asking this, but do any speed shops here maybe carry it or can get it in a hurry?? DTP, Virginia Speed, All Aspects, etc...

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
How would it put any more load on your engine than normal driving?

You will be fine being NA...

I was thinking that, about the only mod I see that might be in question is your cams, just saying they are one of the more in depth mods, and I am sure your tune is good, so I think you will be fine!!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg, forgive me for asking this, but do any speed shops here maybe carry it or can get it in a hurry?? DTP, Virginia Speed, All Aspects, etc...

I know All Aspects would not, called JLT and I won't deal with DTP.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I made that argument, my Dad just worries alot...

Understand, this is new technology for the older generation...they did not have those tools when they were working on cars...if Tony's, Jeremy's, Eddie's or my cars have not blown up yours will be fine.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looked on their web site and did not see it but saw what it indicitive of the DTP bullshit they spew....wow...35-40 hp with a Xcal 3, JLT CAI and tune...what fucking bull shit.

Back