Email doubting 12.504 1/4 mile time

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got an email from some guy that said there were guys on the Shelby forum doubting my documented 1/4 mile time that I listed on Drag TImes with mods that I had and that I might want to go there and chime in.

I replied that he can view the time slip on s197forum.com. As for what people on the Shelby forum are saying, it makes me no difference because i only frequent the best forum on the net and that of course is S197forum.

I also told him that when people make comments like that, they are just trying to down someone else because their cars can't run those kind of times with the mods they have.

I told him if he wanted to become a member of the best forum on the net, he may want to come here........lol

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
There are DA's everywhere you go. If you limit yourself to one particular thing then you yourself are probably a DA. I stay abreast of alot of different forums this being only 1 of them. Don't believe everything you hear and don't hear everything you believe. I see no problem with your ET given your mods and the cool weather.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
haters-gonna-hate.gif

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
There are DA's everywhere you go. If you limit yourself to one particular thing then you yourself are probably a DA. I stay abreast of alot of different forums this being only 1 of them. Don't believe everything you hear and don't hear everything you believe. I see no problem with your ET given your mods and the cool weather.

+1. Maybe if you didn't have the cams & stall it would be harder to believe. Good times though and very possible.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shelby owners do get bent when they run 12's with 500hp when gt's do it with 3xx

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a naive bone head to me. Oh well we beat those ardvarks all the time at the track, right?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should have had old man Bill post the info for you, then it would have been taken as gospel.

In the end, fuck em. For the most part they are a bunch of clueless bugs on the windshield of life.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Who cares ? Some race in cool/dry weather, some race in hot/humid weather, others race at high altitudes. If they want to bitch about your times, tell them to come line up against you or stfu.

I promise a car running 11's in Canada come down here to the mid south and you'll be struggling to run 12's. On a 100 degree day your car will feel like a slug and kiss any kind of traction out of the hole g-bye.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
This is really simple, Terry. Just ask them one question.

"Wanna race?"

And tell that Nazi-assed fuktard moderator I said fuck off and die.

EDIT: Just went and read that thread. Jesus H. Christ on a Stick.......how can these fuckholes exist on this plane of reality????? Their precious sticker-mobiles won't run those times so there's no way anyone else can do it either. After all.....they have a SHELBY!!!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57891-410s-14-mile-et/

There's the thread, Kids. Have at it.

Last edited:

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
^ lol. how is 12.5 not believable with a fully bolted and cammed S197? lol

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about TeamShelby don't forget to give a nice, friendly "fuck you" to Lulu ...

Although I wouldn't be surprised if that idiot also resides on ShelbyForums

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Who cares ? Some race in cool/dry weather, some race in hot/humid weather, others race at high altitudes. If they want to bitch about your times, tell them to come line up against you or stfu.

I promise a car running 11's in Canada come down here to the mid south and you'll be struggling to run 12's. On a 100 degree day your car will feel like a slug and kiss any kind of traction out of the hole g-bye.

Funny thing you mentioned that. Last Saturday I made a pass at 11.05 am, it was 95 * with about 60% humidty and ran a 87mph 1/8, 12.59 1/4 with a trap of guess this....106.8mph. Heat kills the N/A for sure. However, I was running HTO'S N/A.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
"Seriously guys? I love the "I dont really know anything about drag racing, but there is no way he could have done it" It can be done and has been done, and by more than just this guy. If any of you like, I can find out where he lives and you can set up a race. I am sure he isn't shy about running his car. "

Let's see what kind of mod attention that brings me this time. Probably not banable offense, but we'll see.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Funny thing you mentioned that. Last Saturday I made a pass at 11.05 am, it was 95 * with about 60% humidty and ran a 87mph 1/8, 12.59 1/4 with a trap of guess this....106.8mph. Heat kills the N/A for sure. However, I was running HTO'S N/A.

At Tulsa on Saturday it was 102 and I ran a 12.67(full road race suspension, brakes, big rotors, and tires) @ 108. I normally trap at my local track(only a 1000ft track) at the same speed. Heat DOES kill.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back