Email doubting 12.504 1/4 mile time

jmn444

Reaction score
A point to add in all fairness, the last invasion of s197 forum guys did everything they could to try and get TS members to be skeptical, and it came out this time around in a good way, nobody is going to go buy the udps,exhaust,4.10s and think they are going to run 12.5's, the accurate info came out thru all of that, so it's all good in my book.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A point to add in all fairness, the last invasion of s197 forum guys did everything they could to try and get TS members to be skeptical, and it came out this time around in a good way, nobody is going to go buy the udps,exhaust,4.10s and think they are going to run 12.5's, the accurate info came out thru all of that, so it's all good in my book.

Check out this list. You'd be surprised.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't been back since then. I am pretty sure I had the cams in. If not listed at drag times its my mistake. well if you want to give the guys at TS something to whine about, I ran a 12.721 at Ennis before I had cams and ran that on 275/40 street tires.......lol.

I have had nothing but trans problems for the last few months, am putting coins together for a level ten rebuild kit and have the old tranny rebuilt using that kit.

My p/b at the 1/8 mile with the cams and a 3k converter was a 7.778, don't know how that works in 1/4 mile but I am sure it will be better than 12.50.

Well I was able to get TS guys panties in a wad anyway
7.78 in the 1/8 is about a 12.138 in the 1/4.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score

Last time it was justified. This one wasn't so cut and dry. Ahh...peace restored. :thumb:

Don't make me go buy this..............

http://www.stevens112autogroup.com/VehicleDetails/377349653

......and ruin their day even more.

And beat them with their own weapon....I've heard that about you lol.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got an email from some guy that said there were guys on the Shelby forum doubting my documented 1/4 mile time that I listed on Drag TImes with mods that I had and that I might want to go there and chime in.

Let me know when those turkeys want to run a low 12 second car. I should be in the 11s soon anyhow...

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
At Tulsa on Saturday it was 102 and I ran a 12.67(full road race suspension, brakes, big rotors, and tires) @ 108. I normally trap at my local track(only a 1000ft track) at the same speed. Heat DOES kill.
Cool...I was up that way in T-town a couple of weeks ago, then over to Norfolk, AR and then down your way through LR back to N.O.

The track mentioned they were having issues with the timing system though, so I don't know. My mph gauge indicated closer to 109-110 at the mark but the car felt weaker from the 1/8 on.

I see this thread has gone Hog Wild AND THE S197 Army has musterd it's ranks to file in and give'em hell.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Really?
Check out this list. You'd be surprised.
Thanks Dude.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
wow lol, shelby owners are big time haters lmfao!

We run 12s with 3xxrwhp, they run 12s with 480rwhp and then get butt hurt when they finally find that out

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Don't make me go buy this..............

http://www.stevens112autogroup.com/VehicleDetails/377349653

......and ruin their day even more.

Ahhh...the old fashion way like the old days. Did you ever get the chance to drive one of them 1966-67?

I remember when the dealerships were asking $42k for those na things a few yrs ago when they arrived on the lots, they didn't move at all. About a yr so later a salesman at one of the local dealerships had them marked down to ~ $34k. He offered me maybe $17k for mine. But as I have been informed from one of our members, no...a couple of them. A modded S197 will always be just that even if faster, just another modded S197.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Someone just post the link to my ET Spreadsheet, and make sure you mention I do not add anyone without timeslips / video and a mod list.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
The 65 - 70 Shelby's were not super-modded either. The 65 GT350 was just a K-code car that had only 17 more HP from the factory and a few other mods. Look what they go for now though.

No doubt you can take a base GT, mod it up and make it faster for cheaper yourself. The factors that most don't see is those cars are done right and backed by warranty which is more comforting to non do it yourselfers. Of course the nostalgia factor is important to some too(having Caroll Shelby's name tied to the car).

Ya know..whatever floats your boat. Why does the Roush, Saleen, etc not get the same hate ? The Roush stage one is nothing more than an appearance package with NO engine/shifter/tuning/suspension mods. I don't get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did someone say race? :buttkick:
:beerdrink: If we got all our all motor cars off the forum and showed up to camaro5 race challenge people would be pissed lol

Then bring all the boosted cars off the forum and they will just sell their cars

KDT

forum member
Reaction score
Who cares ? Some race in cool/dry weather, some race in hot/humid weather, others race at high altitudes. If they want to bitch about your times, tell them to come line up against you or stfu.

I promise a car running 11's in Canada come down here to the mid south and you'll be struggling to run 12's. On a 100 degree day your car will feel like a slug and kiss any kind of traction out of the hole g-bye.
Now that's the damn truth!! It has been close to 100 degrees here for the last couple of weeks and I haven't even driven my car because I know I will be disappointed as soon as I mash the gas. The times the OP ran are surely believable under the conditions with good traction. I can't wait until fall so I can lay down a good pass. Its just not going to happen before then here in the hot humid south. I'm not even going to waste my time going to the track until probably October or November. With my car, the performance difference is night and day between 60 degree dry days and 95+ degree humid days. I guess at least 3 - 4 tenths in the 1/8th.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back