Email doubting 12.504 1/4 mile time

jmn444

Reaction score
Really?

Thanks Dude.

I'm not seeing mod lists, am I missing something?

Show me UDP's, 4.10's, exhaust and a tune runing 12.5's, i WANT to believe!

Seriously, not being a dick/hater/shelbynutswinger/etc., I just don't see how those mods add up to a 1+ second improvement over stock. Unless you gut the car of course....

I'd love to see someone pull that off, but I don't see how all you guys can talk shit about the responses we gave over there when in fact the time was acheived with those mods PLUS cams. That's a pretty big item to be left off the list to me.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Seriously, not being a dick/hater/shelbynutswinger/etc., I just don't see how those mods add up to a 1+ second improvement over stock. Unless you gut the car of course....

I'd love to see someone pull that off, but I don't see how all you guys can talk shit about the responses we gave over there when in fact the time was acheived with those mods PLUS cams. That's a pretty big item to be left off the list to me.
I have those EXACT mods plus CMDPs, minus the UDPs, and am running 12.7s @ 111MPH. So 12.5s are EASILY possible with those mods. I guess I should mention the CAI too. I always forget that........

I hope that ET changes by the end of the season.

Last edited:

jmn444

Reaction score
Only exhaust, a tune and 4.10's?

Mind pm'ing me the specifics?

nice looking cs btw!

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score

That link should get you to the thread where the Moderators keep our times and mod's. Scroll down a bit and you will see the spreadsheet.

link is of one of our chap's and I. His black 2010 with 4:10's, xpipe and goood tune and convertor that still had issues. He has gone the best 12.2's.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2006gt-mustang-vs-2010gt-mustang_729592.htm

Solo bye run,me.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/koh-1125-1222etmpg_2006247.htm

Solo, me.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/11010-1248-etmpg_729593.htm

I'm in the white stang, bolt-ons stock block with bald drag radials and a clutch about to go. There are speed shops across the country that have gone way quicker than us. If you wonder why you get a big rub, push back or, the red ass from this site is because these guys do it for a livin and are very serious and competitive.

jmn444

Reaction score
Is that a challenge? Be careful how you answer.

Don't worry man, I'm comfortable with the size of my dick, just want to learn the most economical way to go faster!

-_-' We are not arguing over et's no chance... This is ridiculas

I'm NOT arguing or saying it can't be done, just trying to get some clarification about what can be done w/o cams on these cars.

That link should get you to the thread where the Moderators keep our times and mod's. Scroll down a bit and you will see the spreadsheet.

link is of one of our chap's and I. His black 2010 with 4:10's, xpipe and goood tune and convertor that still had issues. He has gone the best 12.2's.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/2006gt-mustang-vs-2010gt-mustang_729592.htm

Solo bye run,me.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/koh-1125-1222etmpg_2006247.htm

Solo, me.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/11010-1248-etmpg_729593.htm

I'm in the white stang, bolt-ons stock block with bald drag radials and a clutch about to go. There are speed shops across the country that have gone way quicker than us. If you wonder why you get a big rub, push back or, the red ass from this site is because these guys do it for a livin and are very serious and competitive.

I see the spreadsheet fine, just no info on what those cars have installed... maybe another day I'll comb thru for the details posted by the owners. No worries about anybodies attitudes, I can take it :)

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Wow, I missed out on alot of action here today.....I couldnt help seeing that your from my area jmn444. You should bring that Shelby down to the track soon, I wanna see how it runs.

jmn444

Reaction score
Wow, I missed out on alot of action here today.....I couldnt help seeing that your from my area jmn444. You should bring that Shelby down to the track soon, I wanna see how it runs.

PM me some details on when and where! Assuming you'll give me some schooling on how to launch at the light and shit I'm in!

jmn444

Reaction score
LOL, then I want to know why the stock SGT's are published at 13.7 if 12.90 or better is possible?

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, then I want to know why the stock SGT's are published at 13.7 if 12.90 or better is possible?

i ran 12.90's with tune, 4.10 gears, cams, shorty headers, and upds when i couldn't launch or drive worth a poot. i was running drag radials but i couldn't make them hook up

a little practice, et street bias ply tires, and leaving at 4.5k, long tube headers netted me a 12.39 in humid conditions...throw in a msd 2 step and tokico d specs. if i lightened up the car the way mattd has i'm sure it would go a 12.0 or 11.9 in good weather

of course the sway bar was removed, passenger seat and only 1/4 tank of gas. the car weighed in at 3475 on the 12.39 pass. that particular night i made 4 passes, all between 12.39 and 12.44. so it wasn't a fluke

it's not in the new 5.0 territory, but i'm happy with it....for now...

US-1

Banned
Reaction score

See this car right here??????

538992893.jpg

This is the very car I used to win the FFW Epping, NH race in Ultra Stang back in 2006. Rental car. GT-H #070. Dead stock out of the Hertz location at Boston's Logan Airport. At New England Dragway in August of '06 I drove that car to a string of 13.40's at 107 mph.

Why can't you just accept the fact that some cars respond better than others? You're looking for some magic formula that doesn't exist.

jmn444

Reaction score
I'm not looking for a magic formula, but 13.40's w/ exhaust, cai and a tune is quite a bit different than 12.50's to me.

I guess with that statement, you are really emphasizing the point I was trying to get clarified, my car has the factory cai, tune, xpipe, just like the '06 gt-h i think... and I've read (yes, no track time YET) that it does 13.6 or 13.7's which is in line with your 13.4's in a VERY similar car but with an auto... so it's hard for me to understand how the 12.9's and lower are so easily attained with the same mods.

I will drop it though, got enough info to know that cams aren't needed to approach the 12.5 mark, and that's all I really wanted to know.

I'm sure I'll be running high 12's when I finally pull the trigger on the 550 whipple with my awesome driving skills!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
You also have to keep in mind that the "tune" you speak of isn't anything to jump up and down over. It is a huge leap backwards from the tunes most of these guys are using. I have seen Doug Studdard of BamaChips take a GT-H car and swap out the tune for one of his custom N/A tunes. Car went from 13.55 to a 12.96 with no other changes. Then he added his transmisison tune and it went 12.78.

That prime-time Shelby super tune is nothing fancy. In fact, it sucks. It was written by an asshole at FRPP who, to this day, continues to call some of the best tuners in the country "a bunch of hackers." Even when they prove him wrong time and again.

jmn444

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt you, but I drove a brenspeed tuned SGT, and couldn't tell the difference really. Still might give Bama a shot though as I've heard they put out some good tunes!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Someone just post the link to my ET Spreadsheet, and make sure you mention I do not add anyone without timeslips / video and a mod list.

No offense intended, but perhaps someone before you did. IIRC there were several posts without timeslips or vids.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back