engine hesitation after bolt ons install

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I got Long tubes installed, Jlt CAI and Boss also with BBR Tune 91 octane.

The car ran fine until today right after i did a quick 3-4 gear power shift test with the engine rev from 4,000 to 6,000..

The problem is that on a stop light i let the clutch pedal go a little bit and press the gas pedal and the engine start hopping and then stops when is on its way.

At first i thought it was something wih the tune because when i stop at a light the rpm goes down and then back up, but i keep hearing that the computer needs to relearn and also after that the car is stable at 900-1,000 rpm.

Now i think is the clutch not having enough pressure or just worn out. I have a new clutch awating install on monday but i wanted to know if anybody had a problem of these nature and end up been the clutch.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
if ur clutch is shot ur rpm's will increase but ur mph wont. get ont he highway and put it in 5th and hammer it... you will be able to see if ur clutch is shot.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
if ur clutch is shot ur rpm's will increase but ur mph wont. get ont he highway and put it in 5th and hammer it... you will be able to see if ur clutch is shot.

The car is not as responsive as it used to but it works. I did that and it runs ok the problem is after that.

i'm starting to depress the clutch at the begining towards mid clutch and the vibrations starts, i give it a little of gas and you can really feel it then gone when its fully depressed...and again when i'm starting to ease off towards mid position.

That is why i think the pressure plate is not strong enough and its making some kind of vibration trying to press the disk into the flywheel. But i am not sure man....

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
The car is not as responsive as it used to but it works. I did that and it runs ok the problem is after that.

i'm starting to depress the clutch at the begining towards mid clutch and the vibrations starts, i give it a little of gas and you can really feel it then gone when its fully depressed...and again when i'm starting to ease off towards mid position.

That is why i think the pressure plate is not strong enough and its making some kind of vibration trying to press the disk into the flywheel. But i am not sure man....
when my black 2011 m6 fucked up the mechanic said that the pressure plate had pulled thru 3 of the botls and wasnt disengaging or engaging properly. but it ran fine and drove fine.. i just had a pedal that engaged right off the floor.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
when my black 2011 m6 fucked up the mechanic said that the pressure plate had pulled true 3 of the botls and wasn't disengaging or engaging properly. but it ran fine and drove fine.. i just had a pedal that engaged right off the floor.

After my last trip to the track i definitely felt the pedal lower but not to the floor and a lil hard to go on 1 and 2 gear. Then when i took it to FORD they change the trans oil and it help a lot. No i installed all these stuff and i been having so much fun with the new power and how the car Rev so fast and hard that looks like it just lasted a while. I also noticed when i am in gear coming down close to a stop the Engine kind of disengage it self like the clutch is slipping off. I will see on Monday i guess, is coming off the car for the new one.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Moderator sorry if these becomes chit chat, i do not mean to start a chit chat... Monday or Tuesday i will be posting pictures if indeed is the clutch the problem and pictures of the new one also.

If this thread becomes a chit chat at the end please move it.. thanks and sorry..

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
By the sounds of it you may have the pressure plate bolt issue.

I just replaced my stock clutch and flywheel with the RAM dual disc setup w/alum. flywheel and I could have made plenty of more runs on the stock stuff. No hot spots, all bolts were tight and the clutch disc had minimal wear.

What clutch are you replacing the stock piece with?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
By the sounds of it you may have the pressure plate bolt issue.

I just replaced my stock clutch and flywheel with the RAM dual disc setup w/alum. flywheel and I could have made plenty of more runs on the stock stuff. No hot spots, all bolts were tight and the clutch disc had minimal wear.

What clutch are you replacing the stock piece with?

Exedy Mach 700... I will be using the stock flywheel. Did you had an issue by replacing the flywheel???? Anything about that relearn of the flywheel.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Exedy Mach 700... I will be using the stock flywheel. Did you had an issue by replacing the flywheel???? Anything about that relearn of the flywheel.

Not at all. Bolted everything on, put trans back in and bled the clutch. No codes. Works like a champ! :D

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
Wow are these clutches that much crap that everyone are wrecking them!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back