Failsafe engine mode. Need help

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
So the car drives fine and dandy and then it dies and fail safe engine mode pops up. No codes, nothing else. Starts up drives fine again, then failsafe engine mode and dies again.

Im also having some idle issues, the idle goes down then bounces back up then back down and almost dies.

Any ideas of what the problem is?

Thanks guys

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Fucking bama tunes, Ive had nothing but problems with them for the past 6 months

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would still do all the usual stuff, reload tune, clean tb, clean maf, etc.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure to re load stock tune. Then install your performance tune. Let it idle for a couple of minutes to heat up and then give it a shot.

Did you disconnect the battery for any reason>? Did you take in your car anywhere for work?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Its not totally stock, its still got jlt intake, o/r h, stingers, 4.10s, bama tune

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
ok, check plugs, clean the MAF and TB, also check your CMCV plates to make sure that they are operating and that your wiring harness isnt laying on the control box (Acuator arms)

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
I think my tps sensor plug was being weird, I believe I got it now.

crazyhorse

Reaction score
OK so I just got the same failsafe mode light today. Rough idle then died. Then it hesitated when I tried to restart it. Stock tune, all I have is CAI and bassani axle back. I read somewhere that fuel pump/ filter could be an issue but I had that replaced last year already. Went to go start it later to move into garage and the light was gone and no rough idle. Any ideas???

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Does the CAI require a tune? Coulda put it into limp mode, next start up you didnt really rev it going just into the garage and worked fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back