Favorite Wax

bullitt 736

Reaction score
Question i have CG citrus and i notice it does not strip sealents every good. right now i have BF and MS on the car. Do you think Black light would be able to strip off my old BF? What do you recommend for stripping it?

What ratio of the CG are you using?

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Don't buy into the hype about wax for certain colors, you are waxing clear coat, not the actual paint.

Now that being said, some waxes have different properties that show off the lines of a car in different ways depending on their color.

I'd stick with Lava over 50/50. Celeste Detagglio is very nice as well, but its $175. Another non-CG recommendation in that price range is Zymol Glasur.

So the whole thing about the QW/QD for Black cars having a blacktint to the formula is BS?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So the whole thing about the QW/QD for Black cars having a blacktint to the formula is BS?

It's basically a sub par product with a black tinted kaolin filler. If you want something with fillers, products like black light and lava both contain plenty of fillers and do not contain any type of dyes.

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Yeah there isn't anything wrong with an IPA wipedown...you should really always do it after polishing to get all of the oils out before sealing.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
Before making a purchase on a new wax I wanted to get some opinions. I called a highly respected detailer in the area to see if he had heard of Lava or Blacklight, which he didn't, but he recommends...Liquid Glass, said it provides a deep shine (he could put a tape measure against his car and could read it up to 22") He also said he was hard as nails and really protects the paint. Anyone heard of or used Liquid glass??

Synister500

Reaction score
I posted this in the detailing thread but figured I'd post here too. Zymöl Carbon is now my favorite.

d40d94cd.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Before making a purchase on a new wax I wanted to get some opinions. I called a highly respected detailer in the area to see if he had heard of Lava or Blacklight, which he didn't, but he recommends...Liquid Glass, said it provides a deep shine (he could put a tape measure against his car and could read it up to 22") He also said he was hard as nails and really protects the paint. Anyone heard of or used Liquid glass??

It's an old product. It was never really decent.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Just used lava on my black paint. I let it sit for 40 mins and buffed it off and left a white haze on 60% of the car. Anyone know why?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Try using a smaller amount when you apply it. I've had some issues when I overused it.

06TORCHEDGT

forum member
Reaction score
SEER- I just got some blacklight and V-7. Im planning on stripping the wax, claying, then the blacklight. Could I use a different carnuba wax over the blacklight as I didnt get the lava yet then the V-7?

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn thats nice!
I have always thought about using Zymöl Carbon but after being let down but other semi-expensive wax in the same price range (AutoGlym) I just stuck to Gold Class as a cheap and safe alt.

I posted this in the detailing thread but figured I'd post here too. Zymöl Carbon is now my favorite.

d40d94cd.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back