Finally got my Super Duke!

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Picked up my KTM Super Duke R 1290 today. The bike is everything I'd hoped it would be, and more. For all it's sickening power, it's incredibly civil. I rode it for about two hours today, in city traffic, 65 mph roads, rain, and the two miles of dirt road leading up to my house.

Sadly, I'll be selling my 2007 R1 when I get back from my trip next week.

Attachments

• 14391027668291.jpg
    14391027668291.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 14391027955472.jpg
    14391027955472.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 22

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so what have you pushed it to so far and it looks awesome man good luck with it

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Okay so what have you pushed it to so far and it looks awesome man good luck with it
I haven't pushed it hard at all. I literally have less than 50 miles on it. I had to go on a work trip the day after I bought it... :( I get home tomorrow night, though!

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I've ridden a friend of mine's. Bone stock 3rd gear power wheelies with no yank of the bars (with all the babysitters turned off). Insanely fast, surprisingly comfortable (short and long term rides), surprisingly good ride quality and very smooth considering it's a twin. Sound is awesome with an Akra on it. Just an all around nuts bike that can be comfortable if you need it too. Perfect sport bike for the street IMO. The other sport bikes are more track bikes. No windscreen tends to keep you at more reasonable speeds on the street while still giving you hooligan power. I love the thing. Too bad I quite riding.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
So what's the good word on the bike man
Finally got to ride it this morning. Had an appt and some errands to run before work. Got about 150 miles on it at this point. I can't get enough about it. My only complaints so far are that the brakes are TOO good (just need to get used to them), and the shifter peg is really, really short. Other than that, the bike is a dream come true.

I've ridden a friend of mine's. Bone stock 3rd gear power wheelies with no yank of the bars (with all the babysitters turned off). Insanely fast, surprisingly comfortable (short and long term rides), surprisingly good ride quality and very smooth considering it's a twin. Sound is awesome with an Akra on it. Just an all around nuts bike that can be comfortable if you need it too. Perfect sport bike for the street IMO. The other sport bikes are more track bikes. No windscreen tends to keep you at more reasonable speeds on the street while still giving you hooligan power. I love the thing. Too bad I quite riding.
+1 on everything you've mentioned. I can't believe how smooth and refined the bike is. Yeah, the twin can be a little grumbly especially at lower speeds/higher gears, but it more than makes up for it with sound and power.

There is really not that much more wind pressure than my 07 R1 had. Sure, it's noticeable. They do make aftermarket windscreens for it, but I'm not sure I really need it. Gonna put some more miles on it before I decide.

As for exhaust, the dealer threw on an extra Wings slip-on they had and flashed an Akro tune. It definitely made a nice difference. Not sure if I'll keep the Wings slip-on, or gut the stocker and run with that. I can probably get a few bucks from the Wings can....

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
FI can't believe how smooth and refined the bike is. Yeah, the twin can be a little grumbly especially at lower speeds/higher gears, but it more than makes up for it with sound and power.

I have owned a few twins... RC51, Aprilia MilleR, Multiple SV650 race bikes.... and I tend to like in-lines for this very reason. I have no idea why I bought as many twins as I did. I hate that stumble, but this bike seems to handle it the best. Probably the displacement.

I would skip the windscreen IMO, it looks pretty cool as is. And be careful the gutted out stocker doesn't make it sound like a clap trap. I prefer a nice tone, so I would skip that and keep the exhaust (if it sounds good). Plus it's more "finished" (again, if it's a good exhaust). All IMO of course.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
thats awesome man you should throw up a video becaus so really want to hear how it sounds now

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back