First time at track, 12.5

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
First time I ever went to the track, in fact didn't even plan on going today. Wife was black Friday shopping and then I remembered about noon that last year Atco Raceway had a black Friday run. I went but was cancelled due to it being so cold. I never been to a track before to run. Was at a track one time a good 15 years ago to see funny cars run. But today was sunny and 65 degrees in New Jersey! Only did one pass. Was crowded there. Took an hour and half from I got there to a pass, didn't want to wait another hour for a pass so watched some runs, turned my helmet back in and went home.

Car mods are pretty simple....

-Ford Racing Procal
-GT500 mufflers
-drop in air filter
-Michelin pilot super sport XL summer tires
-sprint booster
-Airaid MIT tube which is just a larger tube from the TB to factory air box

I went around the water box for a dry burnout. The 13.8 next to me was a newer SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Last edited:

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!

First time at the track and I know several things I can improve on. I never lowered my tire PSI in the rear, still had spare in the trunk, and can play with what RPM launch from.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
First time at the track and I know several things I can improve on. I never lowered my tire PSI in the rear, still had spare in the trunk, and can play with what RPM launch from.

For not having raced before, I'd say you did very well with the street tires! With a drag radial, you could knock another 3 tenths off your ET based on your current sixty foot time. More important than the ET is how much fun you're having! Maybe your next outing won't be so busy so you can get a bunch of passes in versus just one.

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Very impressive times. Good work. Every time I run into a first timers with coyotes they be running 13s.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
For not having raced before, I'd say you did very well with the street tires! With a drag radial, you could knock another 3 tenths off your ET based on your current sixty foot time. More important than the ET is how much fun you're having! Maybe your next outing won't be so busy so you can get a bunch of passes in versus just one.

I hope next time I can make several passes! Fun doesn't even describe it, It was such a rush knowing its perfectly fine to just push it and its perfectly fine and you wont lose your license! But I really did enjoy it and I am curious of how much more I can improve on my times too.

Very impressive times. Good work. Every time I run into a first timers with coyotes they be running 13s.

That's basically what my best friend said too, he said first time at the track he said he would be very impressed and proud of me if I was there all day and I got any slip that started with 12.xx on it. I think the Michelin pilot tires helped a ton as I liked the Goodyear super cars that came on the car but these Michelin tires are like fly paper above 60 degrees out.

Thanks to both of you guys for your comments!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Nice run. Those tires definitely helped. You'd be lucky to cut a sub 2.0 60' on Parellis on your first time out.

What was the DA that day?
I'm running the same MPH as you but my 60' is 2.2, hence a 13.1 for me.

MT-82?

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Nice run. Those tires definitely helped. You'd be lucky to cut a sub 2.0 60' on Parellis on your first time out.

What was the DA that day?
I'm running the same MPH as you but my 60' is 2.2, hence a 13.1 for me.

MT-82?

Automatic 6R80 with the stock 3.15s. The DA was about 65 degrees my car said and believe the humidity was about 45% in the afternoon when I checked.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Automatic 6R80 with the stock 3.15s. The DA was about 65 degrees my car said and believe the humidity was about 45% in the afternoon when I checked.

Oh, well no wonder you got into the 12s first time out. That A6 helps. Good job. What track was it?

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Atco in NJ. Its about 30 minutes from me and the track is about at sea level

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Good job controlling yourself on the launch! I've certainly not witnessed many people getting a sub 2 second 60' time on street tires.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Good job controlling yourself on the launch! I've certainly not witnessed many people getting a sub 2 second 60' time on street tires.

Thank you! These Michelin tires I really believe made the difference, they are nice and when warm very sticky. They will pull the stones up in my driveway much more then my wife's car or my jeep or my previous Goodyear's did. Just afraid they will wear out quick being so aggressive

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back