Front strut mount assembly.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Strut assembly question.
I am looking to put strut assemblies together for a quick swap out. Questions I have:
- are those who are lowering, did you use a spring isolator for the lower part of the spring where it sits in the strut perch? I noticed on the parts breakout (ford parts) that on the GT500 there is no isolater callout but there is for the GT.
- if any of you have completed strut assemblies with Koni yellows and FRPP 5300-L springs, did the spring seem to big for the perch or it didn't sit well? When I lowered my previous GT the spring (Steeda) sat nicely in the perch and the strut was right down the middle, which made for an easy strut mount assembly. With the 5300-L this is not the case.

I have everything else for the assembly just would like some opinions and clarifications on above.

Thanks.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics how the spring isn't sitting flush. The springs did not come with isolators, I added them as they are on a stock spring. Does anybody run springs without the isolators? You can also see that the spring looks bigger then the perch. I'm wondering if I got the right struts.
50a762890b150d38d42d9ed4d83b5e6c_zps13bf78b6.jpg

b045ed57476aae0e84265cb8815f201e_zpsa9a919c4.jpg

Scrape

forum member
Reaction score
The isolator helps with the noise and once you load it up, it will settle very nicely so no worries there sir.

Tight Lines

forum member
Reaction score
If you mean loaded up with it on the car then good. It is put together in the picture and strut bolt is torqued and it didn't move, the reason for my concern. Last time I lowered a car they settled right in when assembled.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back