Fuel stuff for turbo installation.....

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Ok......here is what I'm going to add to the kit.

1. GT500 pump kit
2. 39# injectors
3. MAFia

Anything else?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much power you looking to make? Will the 39s be enough?

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
No more than 500 rwhp.

probably dont even need the Mafia then.

The 39lb injectors seem to run out of steam around 480+ rwhp, altho i have seen a few over 500 with them and one locally with 520.

Gt500 fuel system, good till about 650rwhp, maybe more with lines and rails upgraded

mafia - i know a a few cars that run over 500 without a mafia, but their stock one is getting very close to maxed. Under 480ish, you should be fine with stock.

Currently i am using 39injectors, ford gt fuel pumps and no mafia and running at 450 rwhp at 7psi with no issues.Remember, the more stuff you add the harder the tune and more chance for things to break/go wrong.

Im staying under 470 rwhp so i dont have to upgrade anything other than the the clutch and fuel system. After 500, you will start breaking transmissions, rear ends, not to mention the shortblock. $7k+ is too much money for me to justify another 100-200 hp.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the deal. Sponsor tuned their initial kit (twin 54mm turbos) with a stock fuel pump and 39# injectors. They made 450 hp/460 tq. This was on a five speed setup with 8 psi. I'm figuring with my automatic anywhere between their numbers and 500 rwhp. So with that in mind.....do I need more than the 39's and is the MAFia necessary?

Last edited:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have the MAFIA ready just in case, I would also get the 60 pound injectors also...............you know how this is........

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
I would have the MAFIA ready just in case, I would also get the 60 pound injectors also...............you know how this is........

I could see having the mafia just incase, but the 60's really arent needed. PLus the idle/part throttle with 60's i hear is a bitch to tune and to get it to idle smooth. If you dont have self control and know you will turn up the boost, get both. If your like me and know your limits - you will be fine with the 39 injectors with no Mafia.

Actaully this saturday i am going to the dyno for a 9psi tune. I should be close to 470-480ish at the rear, i will let you know how the MAF voltages and injecotrs cycles look.

US-1 said:
Here's the deal. Sponsor tuned their initial kit (twin 54mm turbos) with a stock fuel pump and 39# injectors. They made 450 hp/460 tq. This was on a five speed setup with 8 psi. I'm figuring with my automatic anywhere between their numbers and 500 rwhp. So with that in mind.....do I need more than the 39's and is the MAFia necessary?

well they were using the STOCK fuel pumps. I can guess they ran out of pump well before running out of injectors. With an automatic, you will probably have to run close to 10+ psi to hit 500 - at this point you take a chance at blowing your engine. If you dont care about the engine and plan to go higher after it blows, then hell yes, get the 60's and mafia now so you will have them after you rebuil the motor. Keep in mind, 500 on an auto is about 530 with a 5spd.

actually, now that you say you have an auto, you will probably need the mafia and 60's. If you were a manual, id say you could probably get by without. SO if your dead set on the 500 mark (and willing to take the risk of blowing the motor), they yes, you will probably need both.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree the 39s "should" be ok. I am still using 39s. Still not using a Mafia yet either, but I do have the Lightning MAF & Sensor. After the rebuild both of those will change, but right now at a little over 500 they are still sufficient.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
This thing will NOT be going over 8 psi until later this year (as in...after the season is over). I want to keep the car as consistent as possible so if that means not seeing 500 to the tires then so be it. I can certainly live with 450-475 at the tires. Shift points will probably not be going higher than 6200-6400 rpm either.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I could see having the mafia just incase, but the 60's really arent needed. PLus the idle/part throttle with 60's i hear is a bitch to tune and to get it to idle smooth. If you dont have self control and know you will turn up the boost, get both. If your like me and know your limits - you will be fine with the 39 injectors with no Mafia.

Actaully this saturday i am going to the dyno for a 9psi tune. I should be close to 470-480ish at the rear, i will let you know how the MAF voltages and injecotrs cycles look.

well they were using the STOCK fuel pumps. I can guess they ran out of pump well before running out of injectors. With an automatic, you will probably have to run close to 10+ psi to hit 500 - at this point you take a chance at blowing your engine. If you dont care about the engine and plan to go higher after it blows, then hell yes, get the 60's and mafia now so you will have them after you rebuil the motor. Keep in mind, 500 on an auto is about 530 with a 5spd.

actually, now that you say you have an auto, you will probably need the mafia and 60's. If you were a manual, id say you could probably get by without. SO if your dead set on the 500 mark (and willing to take the risk of blowing the motor), they yes, you will probably need both.

I was at RET's shop yesterday, He was tuning a HP single jit at 6 max 7 psi and he needed the MAFIA, car make 492-477

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HERE IS THE GRAPH

P1030489.jpg

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
ya i read that, but wastnt he fuel issue a problem with the pumps running out of steam?

I dont know much about their kit, most of my knowledge comes form the hellion and powerhouse. That alot of power for just 7psi.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
FWIW, I have 39# injectors, a MAFia, and the stock fuel pump with a BAP. But when I decide to go above 12psi boost, I'll be adding the GT500 pumps and 60# injectors.

mwilkes

cheesewhiz
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
for my twin setup i'm using kenne bell boost-a-pump, 39lbs injectors and the Mafia. not sure if that helps or not

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Ok....thanks for all the help. After reading these posts and consulting with Richard at Strictly, we're going to do the GT500 pump setup, 39# injectors, and we will have a MAFia on hand just in case.

This is a great site.

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
Ok....thanks for all the help. After reading these posts and consulting with Richard at Strictly, we're going to do the GT500 pump setup, 39# injectors, and we will have a MAFia on hand just in case.

This is a great site.

great idea. If you dont need the mafia, you can always sell it for a 10-20 buck less. Hell i might take it for 10 bucks off it you dont need it. I know when i push my 11psi race tune this summer (on race gas), i will need one.

better to have it, then to have to take the car off the dyno and reschedule another time because it pegged your volts.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This is a great site.

Good call but I would use the MAFia anyway. Don't see any reason you'll need #60's at that level.

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
fwiw - i dynod yesterday on a mustang dyno and my maf was at 4.62v at 6300 rpms.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back