Garage Makeover!

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, not only a sweet garage but look at those pavers and the property. Clearly you're poor.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am retired, that's the same thing as poor these days. I made decent money the last 12 years working at my profession but had to retire at 60 years of age back in 2005. I built this house in 2001 and we waited many years to build our retirement home the way we wanted it.

Our house is kind of the gathering point for most holidays and family functions. That is what I wanted when I built the house. I am very happy living where I do and I am blessed to have my children and grandchildren living in the same area.

Now if I can just get this fucking garage finished, I can get back to enjoying my Mustang. LOL

Earl

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I am retired, that's the same thing as poor these days. I made decent money the last 12 years working at my profession but had to retire at 60 years of age back in 2005. I built this house in 2001 and we waited many years to build our retirement home the way we wanted it.

Our house is kind of the gathering point for most holidays and family functions. That is what I wanted when I built the house. I am very happy living where I do and I am blessed to have my children and grandchildren living in the same area.

Now if I can just get this fucking garage finished, I can get back to enjoying my Mustang. LOL

Earl

That's cool man, and I only WISH I will be able to retire at 60! never gonna happen unless I win the lottery. My generation got F'd.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I don't have many exterior pics. Here are a couple of the house from when we first moved in, in 2001. The aerial shot was given to me by a friend.

The house looks a little different now but not much. The trees have grown and all the landscaping has filled in

Earl

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh crap lol. I thought it was a detached garage. That's an amazing setup.

rayS197

Reaction score
Earl, quit holding back on these guys. Thats an old picture. Last October whenI took you home, There was a helipad off to the right of the pool. LOL!

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Nice garage and house. I like the cul-de-sac too, needs more burnt rubber in the shape of a circle though.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh crap lol. I thought it was a detached garage. That's an amazing setup.
Thanks.

Earl, quit holding back on these guys. Thats an old picture. Last October whenI took you home, There was a helipad off to the right of the pool. LOL!
I had to shut it down. The neighbors kept complaining. :thumb2:

Earl, that is a beautiful place... congrats!
Thanks.

Oh my, gorgeous property. I can only dream of having that one day. Well done sir!!
Thank you, I worked long and hard to be able to build this place.

Nice garage and house. I like the cul-de-sac too, needs more burnt rubber in the shape of a circle though.
We both fell in love with the lot when we first saw it. It is totally private in the back and will always be that way. With the economy tanking the other lots in my cul-de-sac are still undeveloped, so it is very private. I can crank up the volume on movies and music, in my H/T and not worry about any complaints. :beerchug2:

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Making some progress. I got all the dry wall finished trimmed and painted. Now I have to do the cinder block portion with some dry lock and paint it. Then I can finally get started on the floor. Sorry the pics aren't better, I am just not very good with a camera. Here are some pics of my patriotic colors. Ford blue baby!!

Earl

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I hope to have a garage that big within the next few years.

Back