Garage Makeover!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I already said earlier, the stack is a 20 piece set of NewAge Pro Series Diamond Plate cabinets. They are just like these except the doors are a diamond plate pattern.

Earl

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Damn it, Earl, now you have me looking at cabinets, and we haven't even closed on the house yet. Looking for some steel top work tables, too.

I'm thinking about doing the same T8 fixtures in the three work bays, but then do these in the two showcase/show-off bays.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I looked at everything out there, with my criteria of being steel and not flimsy. The 24 gauge cabinets are just not sturdy enough for me to get excited about and I didn't want wood or composite cabinets. I didn't want to spend as much as I did on cabinets but these are one the cheaper 18 gauge welded setups and I liked all the features. Most of the 18 gauge, or better, cabinets are really expensive.

Those lights would be nice in the show off areas. I looked at both the T5 and T8 fixtures and I just liked the T8 better, they both provide the same light output, the T5 are just smaller. The T8 bulbs are cheaper also and easier to find.

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post an update. I finished all the main painting, still have to do the poles. I got the cabinets unpacked and in the garage. I finished the one side and thought I would post a couple of pics of the finished product. This is what they look like.

I still have the Mustang side to finish. It will have the one large cabinet and the same one drawer center cabinet but it will have two 6 drawer tool cabinets on either side. They look like this.

Earl

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Just read through the thread. Nice work. I did the same to my garage a few years back. Textured, primed, and painted all the walls. Epoxied the floors myself with all the seams sealed just like yours. Installed my hyooge compressor and hose reel, plus tons of lighting, huge shelving units, lots of electrical, etc. My small 20x24 garage is very useful now - it gets shit done!

Paul.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have been looking into that ceiling storage stuff. That would be nice so I could get some bins off of the floor.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've been working for 2 months to renovate my little 2 car garage. It takes a whole lot more time and money that I ever thought. Yours looks great so far.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm slowly getting it all back together. I decided what I'm going to do with the poles, now I just have to get it done. I ran into some medical issues, so I haven't been working on it much lately. When I get it all finished and fully returned to use, I'll take some final pics and post them.

Earl

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back