Garage Makeover!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I built the house 12 years ago I didn't have the garage finished out, just dry walled, I was always going to get it done but never have. This spring I decided to finally do a makeover. Then I slipped coming down a ladder and screwed up my right knee and had to put things on hold.

Finally have the knee feeling good enough to hobble around and start my
makeover, so I thought I would start a thread and post updates for anyone interested.

My garage is 22x42 and I have to do the finish sanding and repair some of the joints then I can start the painting. I am also going to do and epoxy floor after I get the painting done. Here are some shots of the garage all cleaned out and what I am starting with.

You can see on the door frame where I painted the trim to see how I would like my color choice.

Earl

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
god, I wish my garage was that big. I just have the typical single door, 2 car garage. So full of shit that I can barely get the stang in there.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell you should have seen mine before I cleaned everything out. I have 2 Smartbox storage containers filled full with my shit, while I do the garage. You can just see the corner of one of them in one of the pics.

Earl

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Looking good Earl :clap:

god, I wish my garage was that big. I just have the typical single door, 2 car garage. So full of shit that I can barely get the stang in there.

I'll trade ya? I have a single car garage that is just long enough and wide enough to get the stang in :mad2:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol The big boxes are the auto transfer switch and emergency breaker panels for my backup generator system.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are the black things on the ceiling that it looks like the garage door openers are plugged into?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are a pair of heaters that I use in the winter, if I need to work on the car when it's cold. I hadn't taken them down yet when I took the pictures.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes sense! Figured if you had a garage like that you were in the baller status and had it heated/cooled!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lol, no baller. It's heated in my work area enough to work in the winter but it's not cooled. Can't afford to cool that big area. That's why I'm so pissed about hurting my knee and being so far behind on the job. I need to get the floor done before it starts getting hot. Not only does it get too hot to work in there but the pot life on the epoxy goes to nothing when it's hot out.

Earl

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That looks awesome dude ... looking forward to seeing your progress

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update!

Got all the prep work finished and first coat of primer done. Making progress. Now just need to fix a few spots , second coat the primer and I'll be ready for first coat of paint.

Earl

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! Mine looked similar a couple years ago. Once you get it done, you will kick yourself for taking so long to finish it!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna look great! I'm going to epoxy the floor in the next couple weeks. Already did the repaint and all new T5 HO florescent lighting. Once the floor is done I will hang up my swag on the walls that's been sitting around for months. Lastly comes the mini beer fridge and man cave complete!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gonna look great! I'm going to epoxy the floor in the next couple weeks. Already did the repaint and all new T5 HO florescent lighting. Once the floor is done I will hang up my swag on the walls that's been sitting around for months. Lastly comes the mini beer fridge and man cave complete!
Sounds nice. I changed all the ceiling lighting to T8. I replaced one 2 light with the 4 light from my work area, replaced the ballast in a 2 and the 4 light with T8. I changed the 4 light over my work area to an T8 6 light Hi-Bay and added another 4 light T8 Hi-Bay.

With the new white ceilings and top half of the walls and T8 lighting, it's amazing the difference in there.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back