S197 Team Member
Reaction score
house_zpsb0c13755.jpg

PARTY at EARL'S HOUSE!!!!!

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl, I wish I had the energy to finish out Laura's and my garage but I'm still a working man. It needs drywall, new windows, rear door, garage doors, and the floor epoxied. This is our retirement home--bought it last August--and I guess we'll get there one of these days. I've got 31 years with the feds and Navy, and will have my retirement age later in the year. Probably another year or two socking some cash away though, but when I retire, I'm cashing out the TSP and getting this garage done and a big honking deck, with fire pit so we can start entertaining. Retirement looks good Earl, I'm really motivated!!!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Earl, what are the plans for the floor?
Thanks. I am doing an epoxy from Wolverine Caotings. It will be a gray with full flake coverage and then clear coat. This is what it should look like.

MoodyGranite_zpsba0311e7.jpg

Looking good! I hope to have a garage that big within the next few years.
Thanks and I wish I had a car as nice as yours. I really enjoy your vids and watching the car progress.

PARTY at EARL'S HOUSE!!!!!
LOL it would be a very long way to come, for you to make it.

Earl

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's nice.....should look awesome when done and coating the floor makes ckeanups so much easier.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl, I wish I had the energy to finish out Laura's and my garage but I'm still a working man. It needs drywall, new windows, rear door, garage doors, and the floor epoxied. This is our retirement home--bought it last August--and I guess we'll get there one of these days. I've got 31 years with the feds and Navy, and will have my retirement age later in the year. Probably another year or two socking some cash away though, but when I retire, I'm cashing out the TSP and getting this garage done and a big honking deck, with fire pit so we can start entertaining. Retirement looks good Earl, I'm really motivated!!!
Hell John, it took me 12 years to get started on this project and the dry wall was already up. Retirement is really good, I just wish my old body wasn't deteriorating so rapidly. It's amazing the difference between what I could do at 65 compared to now, almost 68.

Sounds like a great plan and I know you and Laura will have a great retirement.

Earl

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Decline sucks Earl, but I'm convinced staying active is an important part of successful aging. Laura and I still hit the gym 3-4 times a week, stay active with the Mustang and shooting communities, and work every weekend on some project around the house or 3 acre rural yard. My Dad still travels the world knocking off his bucket list while in his mid 80s: he's off to the Europe yet again tomorrow.

The garage is looking really good, and you've motivated me to start developing a garage "build" list. It's a start, and I will try to start in the fall, roughing out the drywall and replacing the doors and rear entry door. Big thumbs up man!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks John and good luck with your future garage build. I have learned quite a bit, doing all my research for this build. Let me know if I can help with advice.

Earl

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any updates? I am trying to decide what to do with my walls paint wise right now. I finished the floor, just did an epoxy paint, grey.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haven't gotten much done, I re-injured my knee, slipped while trying to get the floor clean. I haven't been able to get down on my knees to work on the floor. I am going to try working some today. I still have to patch around the edges of the floor, where it has retracted away from the cinder blocks. When I get that finished I will still need do the following steps.

Paint the block section with Drylock

Put plastic around the bottom of the walls, stairs and W/H to protect them from PW overspray and epoxy

De-grease and clean the floor with a pressure washer

Grind the floor with rental grinder

Pressure wash again after grinding

Put down the epoxy primer on the floor

Put down the epoxy main coat and flakes on the floor

Scrape off all the excess flakes and clean them up

Put 2 coats of clear over the floor

Paint the block sections Blue, to match the walls

Move everything back into the garage

Then I will finally be done. :thud:

Earl

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Incredible house you own! I'm also waiting for more new pics of the progress !

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Amazing place you got there, Earl. I guess those years of hard work really paid off! :thumb2:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like mine is going to get some much needed TLC. Car will come to the shop and everything will get organized. Incentive to work on the car also! Have a bad AC leak. Freon line that goes up into my attick from the Air Handler is sweating so bad from my unit going bad that the ceiling and 1 wall are saturated with water. Not going to be fun!

Results should be though!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments guys, needless to say I am very happy living where I do. For an update, I just finished the concrete patching on the floor, so I will be able to start painting the blocks with Drylock tomorrow. No pics, not worth showing, so I'll give you a teaser pic.

These are going in the garage when it's finished.

Earl

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I see tires... no idea what the rest is? How about a longblock?

Thanks for the nice comments guys, needless to say I am very happy living where I do. For an update, I just finished the concrete patching on the floor, so I will be able to start painting the blocks with Drylock tomorrow. No pics, not worth showing, so I'll give you a teaser pic.

These are going in the garage when it's finished.

Earl

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
That would be a longblock for a coal mine dumptruck. Tell us!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back