Garage Makeover!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are correct but you don't see a hinge, that's just another box. They are New Age Pro Diamond Plate cabinets. I will be putting them in when everything is finished.

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update!!
Well my knee is still giving me problems, so I am unable to do the blocks on the bottom of the walls. I decided to go ahead and do the floor, as I can handle that. Just finished all the prep. Here is the garage with the floor all ground, patched, pressure washed and ready to apply the epoxy.

I'll be starting on the epoxy Saturday, need to give the floor some time to dry out well.

Earl

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
lookin good, now wheres pics of the toys in the garage? :p

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I need to pay attention to this thread.

As of today we're under contract on a 5.5 car garage with attached house.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice. I would be happy with 4, as long as I get 3 of the 4 spaces, and the wife's "stuff" is in the 4th space.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Haha Rasmus I like that. Garage with house attached

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Love the description Rasmus. When you're ready let me know and I can put you in touch with the Wolverine guy I got my coatings from. I did a lot of epoxy coating research and the Worverine coatings just seem to be a little better product then most of the brands out there.

Update!
I put the primer on last night and did the main coat and flakes this evening. Too tired to take any pictures. I'll take some after I remove all the excess flakes tomorrow. I have to scrape the floor and remove all excess flakes before I can apply the top coats. I will take some pics when it's scrapped and ready to apply the top coat. I'll do the first top coat tomorrow evening and add a second coat Sunday.

I will take lots of pics when the floor is all finished. Then I need to get the blocks done and start moving the new cabinets into the garage.

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well got the floor scrapped, all the flakes cleaned up and the first coat of clear down. I'm about dead, here are some pics of the floor after the first clear coat. I'll do the second coat tomorrow.

Here is a close up.

Earl

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Love the description Rasmus. When you're ready let me know and I can put you in touch with the Wolverine guy I got my coatings from. I did a lot of epoxy coating research and the Worverine coatings just seem to be a little better product then most of the brands out there.

Cheers, Earl. Much appreciated. I've been lurking on garagejournal for a while, and, yes, Wolverine keeps coming up. I have added it to the "shit this house needs" list.

The garage looks really good, btw. I looked up your cabinet choice, and I think it's all going to work together very well. What are you going to do for lighting?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Rasmus I upgraded the overhead lights to T8 Highbay lighting. I have a 6 and 4 bulb unit in the Mustang bay and 4 bulb units in the other bay's. With the white ceilings and top half of the walls it's very good in the day and really nice at night. I have a thread on GJ as well, that's where I learned most of the information on the different epoxy coatings available. Fred at Alpha Garage is the MAN. He helped me with many questions during my process.

This Floor has the Wolverine BondTite 1101 primer, LiquaTile 1184 main coating, Deco flakes to rejection and two coats of EnduraShield 2254 Polyurethane clear coat. The flakes to rejection is the hardest part and not for the faint of heart. You apply flakes until you can't see anything but flakes, it took 150 lbs for my floor, that's the easy part. Then the next day you have to scrape the floor and remove all the flakes that didn't adhere, or partially adhered, to the epoxy. This is the hard part, it take a lot of work to scrape the floor and it's almost impossible to get all the extra flakes removed. Only after you get all the flakes up can you do the clear coat. I am extremely happy with the way the floor came out and can't wait to get it all put back together. Here are the pics I promised, for those interested.

Now I have to get the blocks painted, paint the poles and a few other little things. Then I will be ready to start moving in the new cabinets and getting the garage back to useful condition.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back